Author Topic: Screenshot Orientation  (Read 1344 times)

Offline GreyTea

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Screenshot Orientation
« on: November 02, 2016, 07:57:43 am »
Hey so I've been having some trouble with my Screenshots lately, as they wont take a shot of the whole screen anymore. I use Prt Scrn like most do, and its the most reliable way of getting the shot you want. I've tried messing with the screen size, but then hasn't helped.
I took a picture of my whole login screen, and this is what I get:

Notice how it centers on the upper left hand screen and doesnt take a shot of the whole screen.
I dont really remember when or why this started happening, but I was hoping to figure out what FH file controls this and be able to fix it.

Offline Shazadah

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Call me NaruWolf
    • http://shay-wolf.deviantart.com
    • https://www.youtube.com/user/Mid
    • View Profile
Re: Screenshot Orientation
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2016, 04:31:47 pm »
What is the screen resolution of your computer? Is it at recommended size for your model?

Also, what does the contents of your game's ogre.cfg file look like? Maybe there's a mishap in there somewhere.

Have you tried changing rendering systems?

Offline GreyTea

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2016, 07:28:55 pm »
/well/ I use my tv screen are my computer screen, but everything else works fine. I'll have to look into that. Also Ill look into my Orge file. I havent messed with the rendering system. Thanks for the helping me find where to start~

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2016, 08:52:06 pm »
This happens to me when I try to take screenshots while having my display switched to my drawing tablet (Which mimics the screen much like your TV would do). I believe it has to do with your monitor's resolution/display settings. For my tablet I have it set up so when I plug it in it automatically increases resolution and then when I unplug it it does vice versa. I would suggest decreasing your resolution size of your computer display to see if that works. I believe you can do this through the control panel if you have a Windows. You may also want to make the display duplicated instead of mirrored.
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 12:28:23 am »
Adding onto what these guys are saying,

On Windows 10 you can access your display settings by right clicking your desktop and clicking "Display Settings"
After "Display Settings", on the bottom click "Advanced Display settings"

Once you get there, you should get something that looks like this:

Do what Kynvuu and Shazadah suggested and fiddle around with the resolutions. I looked through the ogre.cfg and couldn't find anything that seemed that it could interfere with screenshots, but I can always look a bit closer if need be

Best of luck!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.