Author Topic: How did you stumble across Feral Heart?  (Read 8981 times)

Offline Komoe

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • View Profile
Re: How did you stumble across Feral Heart?
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2017, 04:33:27 am »
How did you stumble across Feral Heart?
I had just moved away from home and started university! It was early 2011, and I really wanted to play games where I was in the form of an animal. I found several during this search; The Endless Forest, WolfQuest, and, of course, Feral Heart. I was really excited about FH!

What was your input when you first joined?

When I first joined, I was really shy with strangers. Unsure of how to approach people. And looking back, I made terrible, loud looking first characters! I wanted to explore absolutely everything I could in the game! I loooved exploring!

What were some rememberable moments? (Friends made, becoming popular, etc.)
I remember getting lost in Ficho somehow! xD And I stumbled across two people who were RPing! They got mad, and told me to get out of their territory, and I apologized and told them that I was lost. Immediately, they became sooo kind, and one of them showed me my way out of there.
I remember working for hours, trying to get up Ascension! And going to the dead ends. The rewarding feeling of making it to the top, and my wonder and excitement when I went to the Sky's Edge. Eventually, with enough practice, I was climbing Ascension for fun. Making my first preset ever took me hours and hours, since I didn't know how to use Gimp effectively! But I really enjoyed the process :) 
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 04:34:59 am by Argwen »

Offline starkwolf

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2017, 06:38:30 pm »
How did you first come across Feral Heart?

YouTube. I was desperately looking for some sort of wolf game, came across this first.

What was your ?input? when you first joined?
I liked it, if you mean my opinion. I don't know that I really contributed that much if that is what you mean. I have always just barely tolerated the fact that there are absolutely no built in combat mechanics. But, I needed something. Eventually I tried WolfQuest, but at the time it was very buggy, and there are things that I strongly prefer about this to WQ.

Most memorable moment:
I have a few memorable moments about just RPing with people in general maps. Had a rather interesting one with one of my characters.

Been away for a while. When I come back, I have an ambitious RP in mind. PM me if interested.

Offline NaomiOkami

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • NaomiNoob
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2017, 06:39:19 am »
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:17:34 am by Whatever »

Offline GeminiFromHell

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2017, 02:43:49 am »

Uegh... That was so long ago. I used to play WolfQuest (cringy now that I think about it XD) and somehow I heard of FeralHeart. About a month later, I was dealing with registration and making my own account. That was the first time I signed up.

The second time was actually really recent... Like maybe 2 or 3 days ago. Anyways, I decided to revisit it and found that it had updated. I thought that maybe it had been remodeled (as I come to find out, not really, but still it's fun) and signed up. Luckily I didn't have to wait for millennium to sign up and got in on the first try. I'm crossing my fingers hoping it's a good sign.

Fun... But really overbearing. Bonfire Island was really spazzy for me, so I was like, "What have I done..." But I stayed for a while. Unfortunate I was really uber shy, so I didn't make many friends or companions, but I had a small (and I mean small) few who I could count on. My characters never were really colorful; I've always been kinda a realist. So my characters were realistic and detailed; but I think they came out that way cause I read A LOT and was VERY insecure. So, I never really had characters that I've regretted too, too much.

Now, my first time back on was fun. I basically turned off the FH music and played the Witcher 3 soundtrack (which makes everything really edgy, if anyone was curious) over the natural sounds of the maps and ran around exploring the different maps. Plus the people are super friendly; I appreciate that.

Mmkay, one day I came home and literally threw my bags across the room and fell on my bed. I remember I was so so so done. After blasting my music and napping (I can actually nap through loud music, but anything else just bothers me) I got on the computer and started up FH. I just went up to some random (beautiful/amazing/magical) person and we just clicked and randomly started RPing. That person was my spirit animal; I miss them in retrospect.

Professional Hoooman (Definitely not an alien...)

Offline Jazzie70380

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Nominee of mythical world
    • True-Jazzie70380
    • Jazzie Clarke/Frenzy'sQuest 2.0
    • Cbear_Tho
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2017, 05:25:01 pm »
 How did I stumble across FeralHeart?  For me~ I was sitting there at my grandfather's laptop and had stumbled across a feral heart music video.. I was amazed to even find it so since then (which I found the game like about sometime mid 2014? ) But registration wasn't open or was, but my dad didn't let me join/my grandpa warned me about viruses since we had no clue about feral heart not even having one. So I waited to play for about four years since I was busy with school and registration wasn't open until I watched a new video of the update with 1.15 patch I clicked to the game and come to find out the register was open. I was excited about it all and happy to join the feral heart peeps! Yes, I had good days on feral heart like becoming a member of a pack for role play ( I'm still with them today ) or role playing with my other friends. I still am having a good time with it even if no one talks to me~ but anyways this is how I got to join/play feral heart. ( And yes my father allowed me to join after knowing there won't be harm he was just doing a fatherly thing )
Best of times are coming to us all eventually or already has~

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2017, 10:59:43 pm »
How I stumbled across the game? Quite simply actually! c:
After Impressive Title shut down, they announced about FeralHeart on the forums.
I immediately registered and quickly got attached to the game. The characters
and the maps were very exciting to me, and I absolutely loved taking part
in roleplays. I made a bunch of friends who I share many great memories with.
One of my dearest memories will have to be with The Olympus Pride, I adored
the fellow pride members. We had our own maps and spent a lot of time together,
but the roleplay sadly died out eventually. I luckily still have some screenshots from it. <3

« Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 10:00:02 am by Avani »

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2017, 11:17:43 pm »
How did you stumble across FeralHeart?: Hmm...well, it was almost three years ago, and me being my animal-lover self, I searched the web for animal games, and I eventually found FeralHeart! Nothing too complex, aha.

What was your input when you first joined?: I liked the idea, but I was a little put off by the "registration isn't always open" thing. It took at least six months for me to get an account that worked right (oops) and when I did, the game was a little confusing and I preferred to be on the forum. However, I quickly got used to it, and fell in love with the game.

What were some memorable moments?: Creating my first character was probably pretty memorable, huehue. Meeting amazing people like AlphaEclipse was something that I'll never forget, either. Honestly there are so many amazing people here, it's crazy <3

Nice topic idea, +floof!

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2017, 11:39:46 pm »

A friend of mine, username: Skywave, suggested the game to me. We were young at the time, no older than 15-16. Perhaps younger. We sought a place to freely roleplay and that's when Sky found Feral Heart after some months retiring from the game Wolf Quest due to the insane chat filter.

I was giddy, full of joy and excitement. It was like walking into a new world with new opportunities for me and that glee only increased upon running around and about on a (horribly made) skeleton wolf.

What were some memorable moments?

Getting lost in Fluorite Plains, receiving compliments from other users about my character (heaven knows why), and roleplaying with my two friends at the time, Skywave and the user Tiger Tooth.
gone

Offline Bluminescent

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 59
  • "It's always about your friends, isn't it?"
    • Bluminescent
    • blumutt
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2017, 01:04:17 am »
Honestly I was just looking for some animal games to play when I was younger because I was bored. Found FeralHeart and decided to give it a try. Honestly I don't regret finding this game, it's great for when I'm bored and don't have any other ideas. It's kind of sad though, because as the years have gone my friends have slowly disappeared. I only really see like three or four online at a time now. I wasn't able to get on for the longest time because when the new login system was put in place, it wouldn't work with my mobile hotspot. It only started working when I finally got a router last year during Christmas.

I thought it was an amazing game. Even though I was quite.. well.. annoying, and made my characters look absolutely horrific at first.

Yes, a few! I remember the first role-play I had, sort of. I wasn't the best role-player back then, I was still a bit illiterate. I also remember a big warrior cats role-play I was in... I was part of the group for quite a while, and it was fun! I honestly miss so many things on this game..
My Deviantart

" Y'ever wonder what stars are? Where light comes from? "

Zaroie

« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2017, 01:43:21 am »
Being obsessed with wolves I was looking for 'Wolf games' when I stumbled across the site. From that point I stalked the url until I managed to catch the registrations open and make my first account.

I was floored, amazed with how well the game ran compared to others I'd looked at and I instantly fell in love.

What were some memorable moments?
My personal favorite moments were some spent in the roleplays I joined a few months in after first joining Feral Heart.