Author Topic: Ascendants W.I.P  (Read 1063 times)

Offline BlackWolfShade

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • We fight, get beaten, rise, and fight again.
    • protectorshade
    • BlackWolfShade
    • View Profile
Ascendants W.I.P
« on: November 09, 2016, 10:52:29 am »
Ok so i'm been working on this for a few weeks now. And i've finally started to just split this massive map up into parts. I was just going to have everything all in one map alone. But the more i got stuck on one part, the more i didn't like the idea of all in one thing. SOoooooo splitting this up in parts here.

Should, or will have;
Center(town and outskirts of town) - Asyl Town surrounded by meadow.
Port Map- Your starting map that will lead to all locations of this map
Northern map Frozen Meadows - Basic mountain range before the Frozen Ruins - Deep Freeze mountains that will then lead to the Forgotten Lands
Southern Map - Barren Desert - Dragon's Nest - Savhana - Volcanic Hills
Western map - Jungle
Eastern Map - Forest
Forgotten Map - This is the map that will be the "promised/forgotten" lands you would find off past the deep freeze in the northern map

That all in mind, here is a sketch i did of this setting to start u off with.

Ok, so i've all the maps but the Center map a height map for as of right now, so it might be a while before i get to the town as i'm not sure how to lay the height map out for that one.

And here is the maps i've started ever so slightly on already.

Forgotten Lands

You are looking at the location where the portals back to the Northern map and portal map at under that massive tree. And a start of something over by the water edge in the center of the map as well here.
I'm not sully sure on what i want to do with this map as of yet. I feel it should have more of a Fantasy feel to it maybe, like have it stand out from the other maps. Things floating or something kind of thing. But i'm not sure on what all to do as of yet right now. This is really as far as i've gotten with it.

Southern Map

All i've gotten here is the Dragon's nest. That's about it. I've been having problems finding meshes for Volcanic things seems like. Most i've goten is two types of volcanoes, and that's about it. Was hoping to have found more meshes to do this map. And even from there, trying to figure just what all i'd want t put in it as well for things to more or less do or look at then just a couple trees and hills, then the ground. Like a den or something.
Kind of need to find some Animal meshes for it as well

Port Map

The portal map thus far. It's a smaller map then the rest. As it's really not meant for to much other then to port around mostly.
But will be placing down things to give the feel of the map as well each location leads to. Also hinting at some of the larger parts of the map all the same.
Don't have a port for the center(the town) yet, as don't have height for it still.

West - Jungle

There isn't to much here right now. I've started in the corner of the map, and more the center as well where there is the waterfalls as well so far.

I've yet to touch or start any other maps.

BUT!!!! I could use some help on ideas and stuff for these. Also trying to find  couple more snow meshes for the Northern map when i get to starting that as well.

youtube.com/user/BlackW0lfShade  ??  youtube.com/user/FadingSpirits
twitch.tv/fadingspirits

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Ascendants W.I.P
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 11:04:36 am »
Holy cheese it seems like this is gonna be one BIG pretty map! Really can't wait to see it finished!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Ascendants W.I.P
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 09:59:41 am »
I really like the looks of this so far. Not only do you have good preset skills, but you're a map maker pro too :D
And your sketch looks great btw
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.