Author Topic: Friend can't view my preset  (Read 2988 times)

Offline amber501

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Is probably in the wrong section
    • View Profile
Friend can't view my preset
« on: November 19, 2016, 09:50:48 pm »
So I've been having a big issue with my presets... Pack mates or friends I share them with are saying they can't see them. I tried making sure the username matched mine on their screen, made sure no numbers like (2) were in the file name, and I tried changing all the image files to png. I'm not sure if my latest one is working for some of my friends cause they haven't said anything but one who just downloaded it said they couldn't see it. What do I do? I feel embarrassed that my preset isn't working. ;-;

(Download link to my latest if it helps?) www.mediafire.com/file/sz6i1f7ayjd0y15/Amber501_4.fhp
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Friend can't view my preset
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »
Well, according to your link the "A" in your name is capitalized, and if that is true for the file itself, tell your friends to try and replace it with a lowercase a and reboot the game. I've heard that helps sometimes.

If that doesn't help, try re exporting it again and giving them the new .fhp file? They may also just need to close their games completely and log back in to get it to working. Just a few suggestions that have worked in the past. :)

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:03:15 pm »
Yes they've renamed it, redownloaded, and rebooted their fh altogether and it still didn't work... I feel like a failure. ;-;
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2016, 10:10:26 pm »
i had this problem for the longest time.  Logging in to the home page with a capital letter how it appears on the forums, plus logging into the game with the capitals, plus remaking the presets with the capitals helped fix it.  (Some people can't see the special effects but *shrug*  at least i got it to sort of work)
So yeah... i guess you'll have to figure out where the capital letters should be in all 3 loggins.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 10:17:02 pm »
You can always try deleting the .fhp file, re exporting it again, and then have them download the new .fhp file. Maybe you could even try putting it in a different folder and export it with a different number.

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 12:23:04 am »
Okay so I found something out... I think the A in my user is the problem but I don't know how to get around it. I've tried logging in with a capital A but it for some reason changes it to lower case anyway and I can't fix that. I tried going all lower case but the download changes the A to an uppercase once downloaded and when you change it back to lower case it does nothing to help. I hope I explained that alright... That's just what I've noticed.
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2016, 06:59:47 am »
Okay so I found something out... I think the A in my user is the problem but I don't know how to get around it. I've tried logging in with a capital A but it for some reason changes it to lower case anyway and I can't fix that. I tried going all lower case but the download changes the A to an uppercase once downloaded and when you change it back to lower case it does nothing to help. I hope I explained that alright... That's just what I've noticed.

That sounds really weird. Couldn't have anything to do with Capslock should it? I'm sure you would've noticed it though if it was accidentally on when you were renaming them, just shooting out ideas
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 11:12:23 pm »
I don't think I accidentally capitalized it. Though, I do automatically capitalize a beginning word. I was so set on making sure everything was lower cased though so I don't think I'd do that then. But the download is showing with a lower case A now but it still isn't working... Maybe something is wrong with my coding then? Is there any way to show you it?
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline amber501

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 11:13:08 pm »
Also I'm very sorry for taking so long to respond! I got a new mattress yesterday and had to set it up. ^^"
People don't forget.
Nothing gets forgiven.
-JM
I'm a slut for RDR lol

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:16:30 pm »
Yes, you can use the code command to show us your code. (And no problem ^^)

Put "code" and "/code" in brackets: [] and place your code between them. (Hope that makes sense. There's a better way to show you on the forums what you need to type but it isn't working for me)
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.