Author Topic: Old FH Maps!  (Read 10329 times)

Khaj11t

Old FH Maps!
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:42:48 am »
 http://tinyurl.com/h3mljrq

I didn't create this, but I hope we can #MakeFeralHeartGreatAgain!

I've been spreading these old maps around to get people to populate them. Seems not many people are interested in the idea? Quite strange considering they don't like the new maps as much lol. Guess they're used to it.

Instructions for use:
Put files within the folders into the matching folder in the Feralheart directory.
Find the map at Cape of Distant Worlds.
Then go through Ficho Tunnel, and you will have every single map with Ficho Tunnel ^_^ Not too sure how to access South Pole, but I will be sure to modify this post when I get time to try it out.

Hope to see you guys at Ficho or Stone Bridge :D

« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 10:55:08 am by Khaj11t »

ArcticGalaxy

Re: Old FH Maps!
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2016, 10:47:59 am »
There is already a thread with the download to the old maps, so this post was uneeded. It will be locked soon.

Khaj11t

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2016, 10:56:17 am »
It wasn't uneeded. I wanted to get more search results in search engines for this.

It being locked by moderators wouldn't really be professional of them, though.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 11:01:45 am by Khaj11t »

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 11:01:02 am »
People will search and find the original post just as easily.

Khaj11t

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2016, 11:03:37 am »
People will search and find the original post just as easily.

Not as easily.

My link directly states "Old FH Maps" not "Old Feralheart maps"
These are two different tags.

I don't see why you think it's going to be locked. I'm sure the moderators aren't that harsh.

Understanding your own sentence would help you to not reply with uneeded replies.

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 11:16:29 am »
Your post is literally the same exact thing as the other post, and the staff do not want duplicate posts clogging up the forums. It's not like you will get in trouble or anything.

Khaj11t

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 11:18:56 am »
That's good, but I'm not the same person, nor is it spam. It just makes it to the top of the board.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 11:44:33 am »

As you can see, there is already a lot of views to this thread.
Many people have possibly downloaded the old maps (like myself) in order to renew old memories and feel the old FeralHeart atmosphere on occasion, however it is not particularly necessary to make a separate thread and share a link. The thread's position in the 'Finished Maps' board is third from the top.

You'll find that these maps are not visited often if at all, because people could be getting used to the new maps, or too lazy to travel and are quite happy where they are currently stationed in The Grounds or elsewhere. I, personally, although I do truly miss the old FeralHeart; will not be visiting these maps again, as I am moving on and pushing forward with the game.

What
ArcticGalaxy is trying to say, is that when a thread is so popular already and has been seen by many, it's likely that it has already been shared. There is no need to make an entirely separate thread to "advertise" the mod that has been created. If people would like to download it, then they will go through the process of simply browsing the forums for it or typing into their search browser "Old FeralHeart Maps" like I had to. They've surely done it before upon looking for the Legendary Markings or the Legendary Items packs. Because this thread is not quite needed, the Staff will lock it as it will not be useful forever.

"
Old FeralHeart Maps" and "Old FH Maps" are exactly the same label, with only the abbreviation of FeralHeart to make it seem different.
Yes, your thread is helpful to give more results from the search engine, however would it not be much more simple to just have the thread at the top as the direct link; instead of members having to look through this thread for the link?

It does not have to be at the top of the board to be noticed.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Khaj11t

« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2016, 12:10:40 pm »
Sure but I didn't check the forum for the map, as I already had it in drive.
It wasn't easier to post the forum link, as I already had the link from sending it to someone beforehand.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2016, 12:17:00 pm »
Ah, that's quite alright!
Both the link to the original thread and the link to the direct download is equally as useful when sharing.
It's not that we don't appreciate your consideration to help the rest of the community though, we are actually grateful for being as helpful as you can. ^^;

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡