Author Topic: The Church of Huh  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Lasatzu

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Pumpernickel
    • ChurchofHuh
    • Alphuh Omeghuh
    • View Profile
The Church of Huh
« on: December 24, 2016, 05:59:27 am »
**Species//renditions belong to Banditmask/MK and Lasatzu/Whitedragonoftheeast. You may make a character within fh, but unless you are a member of the official group the church of huh, the deviantart/drawn species and name of "huh" is legally closed to you. With all this in mind, we look forward to seeing you. If wishing to join, all are welcome. Find us in grounds.**

If you have genuine interest in joining, you have come to the right place. But before proceeding we recommend you look at our FAQ. Below this are pictures of the species in our group if you need a reference.

FAQ

What is the church of huh?

chances are, you were a huh once! and we screenshot around every "member" who takes the leap. While some are longterm members of the fam-huh-ly, most don't know what it means to be a huh, and leave shortly after.

So, what are we?

The church of huh believes in the rede! Harm none, do as ye will. This is what most huhs believe at their core, and in order to even be a huh, you must convince the founders (not to be confused with leaders, as truly there are none) you support this philosophy and the guidelines within.

Huhs support being different, and aren't afraid to be happy, with themselves and their church even if others don't want them to be. No one should be ashamed for looking different. But huhs are not simply an illustrated character, or sona that can be bought, sold, made or traded. true huhs are GIVEN their huh form and name by existing members of the church, usually the founders, who see that they are truly interested in what we stand for. For instance, one can't just make a huh and proclaim to be one, a true huh is simply a state of mind that just comes with an extra cute avatar mask. The huh, is a MASCOT, you see. The same way a country sports a certain flag.. So, what is this way of life you ask? well...

Huhs NEVER throw the first stone. But we always throw the last.
If someone is attempting to harm us, or obscure our personal path and impede on our right to do what we want as long as no one personally is harmed, as huhs we will stand up and defend ourselves. As long as you provide proof of what has happened and your actions are justifiable by the rede, the community will not disown you from huhdom.

Gentleness: huhs, though giddy and energetic, find little interest in verbally and emotionally abusing and demeaning others..Maybe you find them "annoying" because they look different than you. But never has it been recorded anywhere where the founders or any huh has called anyone "stupid" "retarded" etc, which we get. a lot. it's quite rude and uneducated of someone to say when they know nothing about us. So, don't do it. This would mean you aren't one, and your huhdom is immediately invalidated.
 personal beliefs, we're all free to have em,  (for which each huh may also believe in along with the rede itself, as the rede is natural and universal law to huh), but  must be left at the doormat when you walk into the huhmmunity if it effects someone else negatively. IE. saying "i do not believe in a deity" or "i believe in a deity" may be controversial, but you are free to say something like that, because no one is hurt. Saying "i will not let you wear a propeller beanie hat because i believe it looks retarded/my god says so" is a breaking of the rede because your views are overlapping and dictating something that no one is hurt by. However, "i will not let you harm this man/woman/child/*dog because your wish to do so is harming them on some mentally/bodily level" is perfectly okay! Because them breaking the rede allows you to protect the rede by any means necessary.
(*if you are a meat eater, you may continue to practice this. Many die without enough protein from just plants to sustain them. But shall the creature suffer before its death, this is a break in the rede.)

Basically, be respectful. No one should have power over anyone else, that's the whole point.

mystery, individuality, diplomacy:

Each huh true to our famhuhly, our huhmmunity, is in our hearts forever. Each huh we see we take seriously. Each has their own special name given just to them, and their own huh variation, or finghuhprint. No two look exactly alike. We draw every. single. one. with our own two hands and some even have trademark presets. But those who are not with us will never know our true names. For a huh to wear their name on their sleeve in public is equivalent to cutting yourself off from the group. Separating yourself, disowning. A huh is naked without its huhself to protect it. Huhs are about what we all have IN COMMON. Hence why we all look pretty much the same, and share the same name! It is a philosophy that is trying to say "maybe we are all so vastly different, but in one way we are all the same."

What about group guidelines?

Well, we don't require a lot for you to physically JOIN our group, whether its on fh or some other part of the internet.
All we ask is that

a) Please respect the huh, umu, hybrid, and third mutation mascots, and their colorschemes and anatomy. They are orange, pink and white because these are the colors of our REDE FLAG.

And confusing others with huhs that, well, look nothing like huhs, is sort of harmful to our base community and therefore a break in the rede.

Now, you do have some artistic license. No two huh SHOULD look exactly alike!! That would also defeat the point of what it is to be a huh. You want to look just different enough to be identifiable. And that is that.

b) If it wasn't clear enough from the blurb of self-righteous text above, I'll say it here. Be nice to others, treat them how you wanna be treated. You are entitled to free speech and opinions, but don't silence each other, and have self control and common sense, d-huh-.

c) Have a question about, well, anything? Don't assume, then, just ask and we will be happy to answer. We want to make sure everyone knows about huh lore and our philosophies for group living.

d) TCOH is a safespace, but if you wanna talk about something troubling you, we can try to lend an ear. Please, be aware no one here is a professional psychiatrist. We aim to relate and support one an-huh-ther. Not offer mental help. And please, nothing inappropriate/violent. Be respectful to all ears and eyes.

Is there roleplay, maps, etc?

Yes, we do roleplay. Sometimes seriously, other times just for goofs and gags. After all, huhs are not JUST a rede mascot, they come with their own lore, world, and personality! Anyone is welcome to. Just..No smut or really triggering controversial stuff. Keep it PG-13 basically. Blood and guts are alright though I guess.

We have a main map and an alpha version map. Fylgia is the one you want. You can find it on the proboards.

Where else can I keep in contact?

http://thechurchofhuh.proboards.com/ (proboards need organizing but always works)
http://churchofhuh.deviantart.com/ (view any references of new and old members/characters/species here. content is closed and copyrighted. Be respectful.)
Discord: Walrus#6172

Member list:

http://sta.sh/01s8d42eplcl

if it doesn't work, it has been updated and the link must be changed.
Alternatively, every member has been drawn and you will find them SOMEWHERE on the deviantart.

Onto our lovely reference images lul

Here you see the common huh and umu. Feel free to add your own flare but please be conscious of colors and markings so as to not alienate and confuse yourself and other members. When making a hybrid, it is both a huh and umu, so feel free to mix it up. We also have linearts of huh, umu, and hybrid, and color codes that go with them. If you would like to use one, let me know. But they will not be released publicly for infringement reasons.

Thanks for looking~!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 11:18:00 pm by Lasatzu »

☼ Harm none, do as ye will. ☼