Author Topic: TAKING MAP REQUESTS  (Read 874 times)

Offline FOXHOUND

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • V HAS COME TO
    • onegun
    • @OO1GUN
    • View Profile
TAKING MAP REQUESTS
« on: January 02, 2017, 05:54:18 am »
hey! i'm hal &i haven't been around here for a very long time but i remember how much, i love making maps and honestly i'm not 100% sure how active this game& forum still remains but for those who still host roleplay groups and et all i'm more than willing 2 provide my Great Map Making Services to you.  this thread isn't going to be very fancy-looking but it's enough imho

please understand also despite my lack of Proper Formatting or grammar, really, bcus who cares honestly....... that i take my maps pretty seriously& i hope that what is done with them will resemble the amount of work i put into them :-)

EXAMPLES OF MY WORK
here are screenshots of a map i made for my old GNG-inspired rp group:
http://oldboys.boards.net/thread/12/work-progress-screenshots

HERE is a download to that aforementioned map, which is now abandoned ; if you'd like to us it for whatever reason please ASK ME, & definitely don't just. drag ur rp group into it like eyh look at our new map.  it is very big and very laggy and does not resemble my current understanding of map structure& lag reduction. this map has in no way been maintenanced and there may be some faults as a result.
http://oldboys.boards.net/thread/19/full-map-download-finished

PRESENTLY the maps i make will be large in scale but split into several segments ; i.e , when you ask me for a map, you will get a map pack (unless specified otherwise).  this reduces lag on computers and allows for more varying and detailed, thus more immersive, object placement. 

if you would like a map from me please comment below & i will DM you if i'm interested in what you have to say! here's a little application actually to kind of go w/ it; tho application isn't exactly the right word it's more or less what you're looking for

• what kind of map are you looking for? (a forest-y, desert-y, etc)
  • what should the size of such a map be?
  • are you okay with the map being split into parts ( a map pack ) or MUST it be one large map?
  • what purposes will this map be used for?
  • if for roleplay, can you describe in-depth the roleplay's plot / present members / what you're planning to do with it if you have not started it & etc?
  • would you be willing to help with height map + mask construction? with linking me to particular meshes you think would be ideal for this map?
  • anything extra you'd add outside of this list!

" HE EATS TO ABANDON PARADISE! "

Offline FOXHOUND

• Curious Wanderer
  • V HAS COME TO
    • onegun
    • @OO1GUN
    • View Profile
Re: TAKING MAP REQUESTS
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 04:52:06 am »
Bonp....  Bump

Offline Naretaa

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2017, 11:48:48 am »
I decided to try this, it is okay if you do not want to do it c:

what kind of map are you looking for? A desert with at least two temples and small oasis.
what should the size of such a map be? Uhmm it actually doesn't matter ^.^ as big as you want.
are you okay with the map being split into parts ( a map pack ) or MUST it be one large map? Map pack would be perfect.
what purposes will this map be used for? RP group I am slowly making.
if for roleplay, can you describe in-depth the roleplay's plot / present members / what you're planning to do with it if you have not started it & etc? It will be pride long term, realistic pride. That will live in one of the temples, if I am lucky I will even bring in a rival pride. I am currently working on religion, rituals and so on, as far as I am planning it will be very detailed and plotted RP group.
would you be willing to help with height map + mask construction? with linking me to particular meshes you think would be ideal for this map? Yes of course for both of them c:

Offline FOXHOUND

• Curious Wanderer
  • V HAS COME TO
    • onegun
    • @OO1GUN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 04:16:30 pm »
Dewey maps sounds very cool& i was thinking of making something similar based on maps in MGSV:TPP..... ill DM u about this with more questions& specifics ! But otherwise this is something i would love to make and would be very interested in :-)