Author Topic: What if I said I could remake Fh if I really tried?  (Read 5633 times)

Galaxyshadow

What if I said I could remake Fh if I really tried?
« on: January 10, 2017, 02:11:59 am »
Alright, it's obvious fh is dying. People don't play anymore and it's a sad sight to see. So I've been wondering what would happen if FH were reborn.

No I'm not trying to take Kovu's game and no I'm not trying to get people to stop playing FH. But say I could make this new FH and call it something else. Say Feralblood for instance. So FB was just released and has different species and a survival or samdbox mode along with better graphics.

Okay so obviously people would probably prefer said game instead of FH. But instead of trying to get people to play a different game, why not try to completely recreate FH? I mean we could find a way to make it the same I'm every way but we'd be able to overhaul all the updates everybody's been waiting for.

A new game would bring in more people and be more interesting than an in-game forum which FH is.

We could make a new game where you could face intense survival, sandbox, or the in-game forum everyone is already accustomed to.

Now I'm not saying I would or will make the game. I certainly would not make it if the FH community did not support it. I just want to know what people would think about this
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:30:39 am by Galaxyshadow »

AshesRemain

Re: What if I said I could remake Fh if I really tried?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:22:46 am »
There have been quite a few people out to make new games similar to FH. I say go for it if you really want to. I wouldn't completely copy everything about the current game, but the idea of it would be good.

Galaxyshadow

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 02:32:47 am »
Edited: And I think it would be a Great idea to make a imiliar game. Of course I wouldn't copy everything FH has, I would probably make the game a more optional survival game than anything

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 02:36:03 am »
I think if you had the skills to make a game, I'd say go for it! However, I don't think you should exactly copy Feralheart, though making a similar animal game with an original title and such would be fine, and if you really wanted to create a game I think it'd be more fun to have some more creative freedom! Besides, I'm not sure what the staff (or Kov, the original creator) might feel about an FH remake, so I think just a similar animal game would be the best option.

Either way, I wish you luck!

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline angels_

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 02:55:38 am »
I feel like the best idea would probably be to just make a game similar to Feralheart, but maybe improve on some of the mistakes Feralheart has made, if you get what I'm saying? Such as a better engine, a server that can handle more people, a registration that doesn't close and better security, etc.

There are a lot of things that would have to be worked on besides just modeling and coding for the game itself. But, if it's something you think you can do, go for it! I'm always down for some new animal roleplaying games.

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 02:56:34 am »
That would be a really fascinating thing! I also like the name that might be chosen.

But as above member fluffs have said, I wouldn't copy Feralhearts ideas completely! You know? Create your own ideas, models, in-game animations, etc!
A Feralheart (but not) game would be pretty cool honestly.

Good luck, if you start this project! c:
not active here anymore ♡

LegendaryGrace

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 03:42:57 am »
I like the idea and I say go ahead and make a game like that if you truly have the time and deviation that comes with it. And I truly mean that when I say that. There are too many games similar to FeralHeart or Impressive Title that are started in the making but never go anywhere. Either because people give up, the person goes inactive, etc. But if you truly want to dedicate a lot of your time and effort into something, go for it! I might even offer you some help.

I'd also like to add in, like so many before me have stated, don't copy FH. Sure, have a similar idea but like Audioxi explained, build off things that FH doesn't have or change characteristics to make it better. Be unique. Be creative. Be different.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2017, 06:19:31 am »
First off, let me say that I actually think your ideas are great and seem to have nothing but good intentions. You, like many of us, want to see FeralHeart change in many ways. It is safe to say that almost everyone who plays this game has an idea in mind that they think would help improve the game for its members.

As I would love to see FeralHeart move forward, and this would be one of the best ways to carry on its legacy, I have concerns with it that I think need to be discussed. The first and main issue that comes to mind is ownership. Yes, it’s well known that KovuLKD has left us and left FeralHeart behind. In almost all of our eyes, he gave up complete ownership. However, by leaving us in the dust like he did, he never truly gave us any actual permission to make changes to any of the code and he never even gave it to us in the first place. Which leads to my question: Who actually owns FeralHeart right now? Does KovuLKD own it because he was the creator? Does Raz own it as he runs the servers? We don’t really know, do we? The situation is complicated because Kovu never gave an official leaving statement and didn’t officially hand the game over to anyone. And so, if someone were to snatch up the source code and make a spinoff game, there could be legal consequences if KovuLKD ever decides to return or press charges as grabbing a source code without permission is considered in many ways, stealing. That is all hypothetical as the chances of Kovu returning seem to be slim at this point. Now, you could look at Impressive Title’s succession as a guideline for how Kovu might take action. KovuLKD willingly made the source code for Impressive Title public as FeralHeart was becoming more of his focus. A year and a half after Impressive Title was shut down, KovuLKD gave out a download for Impressive Title’s sourcecode, stating this:
This is the source code for Impressive Title, last versioned 0.7, i think. You're free to use it to host your own server of the game, or for any purposes.

This may lead you to believe Kovu would have no problem with someone doing the same for FeralHeart. But as I said before, Kovu never left an official statement so there could be legal repercussions. For more information, I suggest you check out this article. If you, or anyone else, is interested in creating a game using FeralHeart’s source code, I suggest you do some more research about copyright laws for your own well-being. I understand that may not give you your exact answer as FeralHeart's situation isn’t black and white and copyright laws are very difficult to understand and vary on the circumstances. Believe me, I’ve tried looking into it and failed in wrapping my head around it all.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2017, 08:07:33 am »
I think your idea sounds great however Morgra is right, you should do some research on copyright laws before using FeralHearts source code. And to me FeralHeart isn't dying, especially that registration is open, if more than anything it's over crowded. But I would like to see a remake of FeralHeart to even out the game and not have as much lag.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline TiredBean

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 08:22:45 am »
That would be awesome, also make sure you look into what Morga said too. I'd be absolutely delighted to help you out with the game if you do create it in the future. It would be a amazing to see how it would all turn out.