Poll

What type of species would you like to play for this rp?

Wolves.
2 (16.7%)
Foxes.
1 (8.3%)
'Domesticated' cats. (Smaller cats.)
2 (16.7%)
Big cats.
2 (16.7%)
Dragons.
5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Fantasy Roleplay  (Read 3389 times)

Offline Misterwives

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • v a g a b o n d
    • mysty-bootie
    • View Profile
Fantasy Roleplay
« on: January 10, 2017, 04:59:25 am »
I've never posted on the FH forums in my life, so forgive me if I posted this in the wrong spot.

If you're interested in large, 'free' fantasy roleplays, this is the thread for you!
Okay, anyways, I've been wanting to make a fantasy roleplay for awhile now, but I don't want to put a whole lot of work into it, get two members, and then watch it die. (That's been happening on FeralHeart a lot lately, it's kind of depressing. :c) I want to see if anyone would be interested in it to begin with before I work on making a map, a site, a storyline, etc. I also have too many ideas running through my head! Again, I'd like to see if anyone is even interested before I put time and effort.

One thing I know for sure, is that the map will be large, as detailed as my lazy self can get it to be, there will be no set packs/groups/clans etc, (set by me, at least, everyone will be free to do as they wish within the map), it will be magic-based, and it will have multiple playable 'races', depending on what species I end up setting this around..

Now, I should really cut to the chase. I have ideas for almost everything EXCEPT for what species I'd like this to be, however, these are the ones I'm considering:
- Wolves.
- Foxes.
- Smaller cats, like Warrior Cats.
- Big cats.
- Dragons.

As of now, I am leaning more towards cats (big or small), or wolves. There will be little to no set-backs on how characters are designed (unless there's a way a certain race should look in regard to color scheme, size, etc, but you will not be required to make strictly realistic characters), the use of magic, alchemy, and items will be allowed. This roleplay would have more mature themes as well, but that's to be expected. I will be requiring roleplay samples at a 'literate' (ugh that term) level.

I'm just curious if anyone would join (as well as what species it should be focused on), or would even wish to help me create/manage a roleplay this size.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 05:02:37 am by Misterwives »
i fade in and out of this game constantly.

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Roleplay
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 06:15:11 am »
*crashes through the wall* fantasy roleplay you say???
i'd love to join along this adventure, it's good to see such a diverse choice in species to choose from!
i'm curious to see how this goes, and how far it stays flourishing, and fantasy roleplays are hard to come by nowadays
sign me up!

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Misterwives

• Curious Wanderer
  • v a g a b o n d
    • mysty-bootie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:35:00 am »
i'd love to join along this adventure, it's good to see such a diverse choice in species to choose from!
i'm curious to see how this goes, and how far it stays flourishing, and fantasy roleplays are hard to come by nowadays
sign me up!
-screech- I'm glad somebody is interested, it at least gives me SOME motivation to start this lmao. I'm almost starting to lean towards a dragon centered species now, not quite sure. ewe Anyways, I'll let you know if/when this is ready to go if you're still interested!

Offline TwistedSorrowzz

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 36
  • The one and only Pongo
    • RonnoBoy
    • Faline
    • TheBlairWiitch
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 01:37:45 am »
  Fantasy RolePlay?! I'm in. Although I wouldn't go the Warrior Cats route as I've seen WAY too many of them lately. I'd so go for more big cats like Lynx's, Ligers, Or some none real ones. And Dragons are cool. I've not seen a very successful Dragon RP.
On leave.
Information Regarding Wirhonte
http://i.imgur.com/Sm35ntA.png

Offline BlazingJosh

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Newbie Feral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 01:53:40 am »
Why, this sounds mighty interesting! If I may ask, why limit what species are included? Why not multiple? It would appeal to many more people, I think.

Offline barghosts

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 21
  • free pizza for life
    • chewgags
    • chewgags
    • coffeemo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 02:42:33 am »
sign me up!
-screech- I'm glad somebody is interested, it at least gives me SOME motivation to start this lmao. I'm almost starting to lean towards a dragon centered species now, not quite sure. ewe Anyways, I'll let you know if/when this is ready to go if you're still interested!
HECK YEAH DRAGONS! i'm still interested don't worry, i'm weak for the fantasy genre lmao

KERMIT IT'S NOT A COOKIE

Offline Misterwives

• Curious Wanderer
  • v a g a b o n d
    • mysty-bootie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 03:19:13 am »
  Fantasy RolePlay?! I'm in. Although I wouldn't go the Warrior Cats route as I've seen WAY too many of them lately. I'd so go for more big cats like Lynx's, Ligers, Or some none real ones. And Dragons are cool. I've not seen a very successful Dragon RP.

Good to hear! I haven't been on the actual game in quite some time, so I didn't know if the cat roleplays were getting out of hand again. Last time I was on, it was mostly wolf packs.

Why, this sounds mighty interesting! If I may ask, why limit what species are included? Why not multiple? It would appeal to many more people, I think.
I was scared that it may get a little chaotic, but you actually just gave me an idea. B) Which will probably take more work but it's fiiiiiine.

Offline Misterwives

• Curious Wanderer
  • v a g a b o n d
    • mysty-bootie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 03:19:34 am »
whEEZE i'm so glad people are into this

Offline BlazingJosh

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Newbie Feral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 10:14:16 pm »

I was scared that it may get a little chaotic, but you actually just gave me an idea. B) Which will probably take more work but it's fiiiiiine.

Well, I'm glad to have contributed! I'll keep my eyes on this group to see where it goes. I'm quite interested.

Offline Besiege

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 11:33:14 pm »
I'd love to join this; I hardly see any fantasy roleplays on FH, which is truly disappointing. Fantasy RPs are the most unique because of how much variety is available.

And a suggestion: Perhaps there could be "tiers" of some kind? Then you could have both big cats and domestic cats as different tiers. I don't know if this would work any way with what you've got in mind, but it is just a suggestion, after all.