Author Topic: When do You Accept a Buddy Request?  (Read 4111 times)

Offline forks

• tiny silverware enthusiast
  • Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 60
  • icon by reudiart
    • soupforks
    • View Profile
When do You Accept a Buddy Request?
« on: February 17, 2017, 01:52:52 am »
I know that some people would accept a buddy request right away, whereas others will only accept after multiple conversations.

The question is, when do you accept requests?

I don't accept buddy requests right away, especially if it's not someone I know. However, if it's a floof I recognize from the forums I would definitely accept a request. I prefer to talk to others before buddying them, however, as I believe that trust and friendship are not things to be tossed around.

I won't lie, however, when I say that if I'm participating in a roleplay I buddy everyone I can, if only so that I won't get lost in the map >.<

signature by g0thic_vibes1

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: When do You Accept a Buddy Request?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 01:55:26 am »
Nice topic idea!
And I think I'm the same as you when it comes to accepting requests.
Sometimes I see a few requests and I hardly know anyone, I don't even talk so I don't see why they would friend me.
But if it is someone from the forums or someone I have spoke to multiple times I will most likely accept it.
Apart from that I'll leave it and whisper the person since they may have got a new account.

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 03:01:23 am »
If I'm just chilling in the grounds and I get a random friend request, then I'll probably just immediately delete it.
If I'm chilling in the grounds and strike up a nice convo with someone, then get a friend request, I'll probably accept if they seem cool.
Anybody I've had a good convo with on the forums will get an immediate accept.
In Roleplays I'll be sending out friend requests left and right just so I know who is on, when they are on, and when its a good time for me to log in to RP or recruit. c:
Though, if I accept a friend request and then in later conversations things get awkward or incredibly unpleasant I'll have no issue removing someone from said list. Tbh -- I've had people who seemed cool at first, but then later started getting really uncomfortably sexual, and so I've blocked and removed them.

I have like a whole system worked out LOL.

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 03:04:58 am »
Yeah I usually wait until I actually know the person a bit before accepting friend requests. I give them a few tries actually instead of just one convo, in case ya know, I talk to them once and never see them again after that.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 03:27:50 am »
All the time.  99% of the time it'll be someone who logs out straight away after i accept it... i figure they must have been reaching for the block button & missed.
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Taizer

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 56
  • "I can have a margarita at 11:30 am if I want to."
    • TaizerFH
    • TaizerFH
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:51:59 am »
Mostly I tend to add people after I've known them for a while, build up some trust if I'm not so sure about their personality.
Other times I've added right away because I've got the feeling they are a truly nice person to speak to and I want to keep them around.
I only remove people from my list if I've not seen them online in a while or I haven't spoken to them in a long time and usually the removal is done when they are offline.
Looking for my converted mesh? You can find them here ! https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence

Offline Skorpylu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • :^
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 04:46:38 pm »
I have a fairly similar mindset on that.
Though I -Sniffle- Never really been buddies with anyone, I know quite a lotta folk around here. I don't necessarily have to be friends with them to have a decent conversation. It can be a little lonely when I'm bored, but it's fun to have some small talk here and there~
But I would accept a request if I've seen that floof around.
I also am quite open to newbies. But I don't think I would accept if the account seemed barely used and kind of.. well, off-looking, if you know what I mean.

Returning member, feel free to say hi!

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 08:47:08 pm »
This is a good discussion topic here. I never accept any random friend requests from players I don't know. If I ever accept a friend request it's because I've really gotten to know them, have roleplayed with them long enough to have them be a roleplay buddy, someone I've had many good conversations with, or someone I know from the forums.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 08:52:08 pm by Lady_Alizarin »
Inactive

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 08:49:14 pm »
I usually only accept a friend request if i've talked to the person a bit before or if I've seen them around on the forums. It all depends though.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Summeralla

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 09:14:55 pm »
No one wants a random in their request. With all respect, I would love to accept friend request but I just get so picky when it comes to that stage. It has to be someone who's active, always looking for a conversation, and just mainly open. I don't know one talking to me to one day and then forget me the next. It doesn't work.