Author Topic: All maps won't load! [Windows]  (Read 2764 times)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
All maps won't load! [Windows]
« on: February 17, 2017, 06:30:30 am »
HI! my friend! "CyberCanine" got his Account, and is having difficulty running the game.

Heres the issue:

He needs a fix for this

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: All maps won't load! [Windows]
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 06:32:30 am »
THIS! Should help!

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

ArcticGalaxy

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2017, 06:37:07 am »
Have them check their fhmaps folder. (FeralHeart>Media>terrains>fhmaps) See if they have all of the map .fhm files. If not, they may need to re download the game.

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2017, 06:38:16 am »
Have them check their fhmaps folder. (FeralHeart>Media>terrains>fhmaps) See if they have all of the map .fhm files. If not, they may need to re download the game.

They have all the files. i even checked for them.

Now im tellin him to re-install

Summeralla

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2017, 10:57:09 am »

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2017, 11:58:31 am »
Another possible cause of the 'black void' is if you run FeralHeart as a user that doesn't have read&write privledges to the FH directory, and/or all sub-directories. If it was installed to C:\Program Files\ , it's pretty likely that's the cause, and should move the directory somewhere else. :V

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2017, 04:43:56 pm »
Another possible cause of the 'black void' is if you run FeralHeart as a user that doesn't have read&write privledges to the FH directory, and/or all sub-directories. If it was installed to C:\Program Files\ , it's pretty likely that's the cause, and should move the directory somewhere else. :V

I don't think that's what I'm looking for... cause entirely the game is missing planes... you can see the world on the title screen is gone. There's no podium, no nothing. He says he's updating his graphics driver... hope it works...

Offline Skorpylu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • :^
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2017, 04:49:51 pm »
The only thing I can think of is
- Resetting the characters
-Fault/error with the files
But, if you've checked completely everything, maybe just doing a clean-up and re-installing would be a simpler choice.

Returning member, feel free to say hi!

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2017, 05:49:56 pm »

I don't think that's what I'm looking for... cause entirely the game is missing planes... you can see the world on the title screen is gone. There's no podium, no nothing. He says he's updating his graphics driver... hope it works...

i booted up the good old Windows for a tinkerin' - I was able to reproduce those symptoms exactly by changing the FH folder's owner to the admin user and running it as a normal, under-privledged user (without write access). If you do not have write access, maps will not load, except for watermill, but only the heightmap! so you gotta run it with admin privledges or change the folder owner via right click > properties > Security > advanced (unless i forgot percisely during the reboot sequence... Folder owners should be changable in that general direction!).

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2017, 06:51:40 pm »
The only time I've had this happen was when I was spawned into a map I no longer had in my 'Exports' folder in the main FH folder.
If you haven't - try resetting your character to Lonely Cave? But this does seem like a deeper issue.

I wish you luck!
not active here anymore ♡