Author Topic: Map problems?  (Read 818 times)

Offline .Whispering.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map problems?
« on: March 21, 2017, 09:28:56 pm »
I saw a thread on my issue before, but when I try to export a map I had made it says it failed to export. I tried doing as someone said on the other thread by redownloading a deleted object file, as I had deleted an object file within my map as well, but that didn't work either. I also removed all particles in the map but the result remained the same. Is there any solution to this?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Map problems?
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2017, 09:42:15 pm »
Do you have any objects inlcuded in the map that you installed to the game? Also, have you made any changes to your objects as well? (Such as adding an installed object to a default object group). What is the map's name exactly? I'd like to hear more details about this issue. Maybe you could save your map and relaunch the game and try exporting again? As well as maybe reversing any changes you made before trying to export if that other option doesn't seem to work out. You could also check in the Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ Exports folder to see if it has exported at all beforehand.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline .Whispering.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2017, 09:59:22 pm »
Do you have any objects inlcuded in the map that you installed to the game? Also, have you made any changes to your objects as well? (Such as adding an installed object to a default object group). What is the map's name exactly? I'd like to hear more details about this issue. Maybe you could save your map and relaunch the game and try exporting again? As well as maybe reversing any changes you made before trying to export if that other option doesn't seem to work out. You could also check in the Local Disk (C:) \\ FeralHeart \\ Exports folder to see if it has exported at all beforehand.

Yes, I have a few object groups within the map, one of those was the one I deleted. And no, I haven't made any changes to any default feral heart object group. The map's name is "Tanisawa~summer~" and I'll try checking my exports folder.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2017, 10:33:38 pm »
I think you should try removing the ~ symbols in the name(s). See if that works at all. If you decided to remove an object group during your process of map making as well (as in using objects then deleting the object group), then you should try installing those objects again and removing them from your map (if it works), because that might also be an issue.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 10:35:29 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline .Whispering.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2017, 11:19:04 pm »
Ok, so it turns out that I did export it from awhile ago when I just started testing the map out, so I could just download and zip that for further usage. Would I just be able to remove the object file I don't want (The deleted object group), or would that causes errors as well?

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2017, 11:41:49 pm »
Ye can delete object files pertaining to maps with no real harm done, but if there are more objects than just the one ye want to get rid of in a object group file, then ye will also be removing those as well upon deleting the file.

What ye could do instead is go into the map's object .cfg file and delete the object from the map's coding instead, saving ye the hassle of losing other objects. Just type CTRL+F and ye should be able to search f'er the object name. Delete it and any coordinates ye find under it until ye hit the next object.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧