Author Topic: How can I improve? :)* [FINISHED!]  (Read 3071 times)

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
How can I improve? :)* [FINISHED!]
« on: April 16, 2017, 10:20:18 pm »
[FINISHED!]
Hey floofs :)
I've been drawing a lot of animals lately, and I'm trying to improve my skills. I'm working on a new avatar this time.
Here is what it looks like so far:

I've only made the sketch so far. I've  done a little of the lineart.
I plan to do the lineart on it, then color it and and the shades and lights. I might do the pelt drawing technique around the neck :)
What do you think? Any feedbacks? I'd love to hear.

EDIT: I'll upload the finished drawing when the time comes :)

EDIT2:
Here it is!
I am very proud of this drawing myself, and thanks to you floofs' tips, I have improved a whole lot! :D
I'll make it my profile picture<3

« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 10:02:13 pm by Ellen11v »
doing what i feel like

Offline BlazingJosh

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Newbie Feral
    • View Profile
Re: How can I improve? :)
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 10:48:13 pm »
That looks really good so far! I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Offline Ellen11v

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2017, 10:50:59 pm »
Ah, thanks! That is what I like to hear :)
doing what i feel like

Gigi

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2017, 10:51:35 pm »
Im no artist, but I've seen improvement from artist who draws daily and shows some imoroved art. Overall im saying the only way to improve is keep drawing.

Rizzla

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 11:20:28 pm »
I've never really given a critique before but I'll do my best!
It looks lovely so far! I like the eyelashes, I don't believe I've ever seen anyone draw them quite like that before, it's unique. One thing I would suggest so far however is making some of the strands of fur less spiky/sharp (as in not having them so small and ending in such a needle-thin tip) and a little thicker in some spots (especially on the chest and cheeks), to make it look more fluffy and natural. It's good that you made some of it point in different directions though! Other than that I'd say this is a great start to it. c: 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 11:24:52 pm by Rizzla »

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2017, 12:00:42 am »
This is very good. c: Your sketch is clean and precise, very detailed for the nature of its being a sketch. I'm by no means an artist myself, but from the looks of it, you're already doing a wonderful job. I'd love to see how this turns out.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2017, 01:42:18 am »
Very nicely done! You have a very cute style that's developing here! I can't wait to see the lined and colored piece!
Just some tips in general for any growing artist really, is to study some photographs of your subject and use lots of references; that will provide you with great form and anatomy! You may also want to consider watching other people draw as well (I recommend watching speedpaints!) since you can expose yourself to various techniques that other artists use. Then, you can learn and develop your own techniques and styles that work for you<3
Keep up the great work! And of course, practice, practice, practice! c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline D-ead7Dog

• AFK NPC
  • Member Of The Season
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 98
  • BUMPY SNOW
    • D-ead7Dog
    • d-ead7dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2017, 01:45:04 am »
Man this drawing is amazing!

A way I would suggest to improve - as said before above - is to keep drawing. But also looking at real life images to help with certain areas you may be unsure on. :)
That what i would do and it seems to have helped quite a ton.

Keep up the great work!
WORK IN PROGRESS
Artwork (c) LynxBrush & Majorest

Originally registered January 15, 2011

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2017, 05:12:36 am »
Omg,
 This is SUPER cute! Id say what many have said below. Keep drawing no matter what! Practice makes perfect! Also looking at and referencing other's photos seem to help you learn proportions! :)Keep it up! Can't wait to see more!

~Birdy Blu
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline Ellen11v

• Elder Grey Pelt
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2017, 08:54:40 am »
I'm saying the only way to improve is keep drawing.

Keep up the great work! And of course, practice, practice, practice! c:

Keep up the great work!

Keep drawing no matter what! Practice makes perfect! :)Keep it up! Can't wait to see more!

~Birdy Blu
Wow, thanks guys. ^^ I do practice alot, and I'll undoubtly keep it up, because drawing is one of my biggest hobbies! :)

Very nicely done! You have a very cute style that's developing here! I can't wait to see the lined and colored piece!
Just some tips in general for any growing artist really, is to study some photographs of your subject and use lots of references; that will provide you with great form and anatomy! You may also want to consider watching other people draw as well (I recommend watching speedpaints!) since you can expose yourself to various techniques that other artists use. Then, you can learn and develop your own techniques and styles that work for you<3

I've never really given a critique before but I'll do my best!
It looks lovely so far! I like the eyelashes, I don't believe I've ever seen anyone draw them quite like that before, it's unique. One thing I would suggest so far however is making some of the strands of fur less spiky/sharp (as in not having them so small and ending in such a needle-thin tip) and a little thicker in some spots (especially on the chest and cheeks), to make it look more fluffy and natural. It's good that you made some of it point in different directions though! Other than that I'd say this is a great start to it. c:

Ah, thank you two, these really helped me, especially the one with editing the fur so it looks better!

Also, I'm already using a reference picture for anatomy. It helped a whole lot! ^^ ;)

I higly appreciate the feedbacks!<3
doing what i feel like