Author Topic: What exactly does "mature" mean for RP groups?  (Read 1130 times)

Offline Snowpuff

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • oh hEY
    • View Profile
What exactly does "mature" mean for RP groups?
« on: April 29, 2017, 05:38:07 pm »
I tried asking in the in-game chat, but everybody was either too busy or I assume they didn't know.
Anyways, just a simple question--
By mature, do people mean you have to be a certain age to join or just be a mature person in general?
One group advertised mature(14+) so I got confused. (This is just a really quick RP-group related question.. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to put it in RP groups or help, so sorry if this is in the wrong board.)  :P

~Snowpuff
p.s avatar made by me

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: What exactly does "mature" mean for RP groups?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 05:53:52 pm »
Generally this is posted in RP advertisements so users are aware that the RP will or may contain roleplay that may not be fully suitable for a recommended PG13 MMORPG. This is a recommended PG13 MMORPG, pretty much, which means any/all age groups are welcome, as long as the content users use within the game meet the appropraite guideline. However, since it is only a recommended PG13 MMORPG, mature content is permitted as long as the users involved with the activity use more mature content in private chats (this doesn't particularly apply to private maps), and that the users they wish to RP with give clear permission that it is okay to do so. Of course, mature RP's in Feral Heart usually involved more gorey/explicit wording and swearing. Again, it's perfectly fine as long as it itsn't in a public chat. Private chats such as; Group, Whisper and Party are fine. Again, this doesn't really apply in private maps. There, the use of mature RP is permitted in public chats. All depending on the guidelines/rules set for the private map if made by someone.

I hope this gives you better understanding/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 06:14:35 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Snowpuff

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • oh hEY
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2017, 06:07:01 pm »
Generally this is posted in RP advertisements so users are aware that the RP will or may contain roleplay that may not be fully suitable for a recommended PG13 MMORPG. This is a recommended PG13 MMORPG, pretty much, wich means any/all agegroups are welcome, as long as the content users use within the game meet the appropraite guideline. However, since it is only a recommended PG13 MMORPG, mature content is permitted as long as the users involved with the activity use more mature content in private chats (this doesn't particularly apply to private maps), and that the users they wish to RP with give clear permission that it is okay to do so. Of course, mature RP's in Feral Heart usually involved more gorey/explicit wording and swearing. Again, it's perfectly fine as long as it itsn't in a public chat. Private chats such as; Group, Whisper and Party are fine. Again, this doesn't really apply in private maps. There, the use of mature RP is permitted in public chats. All depending on the guidelines/rules set for the private map if made by someone.

I hope this gives you better understanding/
Thanks so much! That helped a lot.
I wasn't really sure what they meant by "mature". I'm not someone who is incredibly sensitive, but this was nice to know! :)

~Snowpuff
p.s avatar made by me

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2017, 06:26:17 pm »
Aye, "mature" normally means that the group will often use swears and roleplay things that aren't suitable for all age groups (this is only allowed in private chats such as group, party, and whisper as Buffy said above). Different groups have different guidelines, so if you're thinking of joining a group with a "mature" label it's best to ask the group leader privately about what is and isn't allowed in that specific group

I'll be locking this up now as well since you seem content with the information given
Farewell everyone<3