Author Topic: Map crashes while exporting sounds.  (Read 677 times)

Offline deemsss1234

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Idiocy...
    • View Profile
Map crashes while exporting sounds.
« on: April 30, 2017, 01:31:15 pm »
Hello.
I am working on a map, and it has 7 items with sounds in it. Every one of the sounds are about 16-17 minutes, making the files around 40 MB each.

When I am exporting the map, it takes quite some time for each file to export, but when it get's to one of those sounds, it crashes everytime. (The shortest sound and smallest file too.)

So I am not sure if the game crashes because my files are too big, or if there is another reason for it to crash? But help would be really appreciated. I'd also prefer to be able to keep the entire sounds intact, but if the only way to fix this is to make them shorter, I guess that will have to do.

So in short, why does my game crash while exporting sounds and how do I fix it?
VirtualWorlds.Boards.Net
Game character based RP group

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Map crashes while exporting sounds.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 01:46:42 pm »
Honestly what I suggest is removing that small sound from the map and exporting the map. If it works, then it's definetly something related with that small sound. I then suggest adding that sound back, and then removing a different sound from the map and try exporting again. Reason I want you to test this is to see whether or not the small sound is the issue, or whether it's something to do with the overall size of the export as you think could be the issue.

Come back once you've done both and let me know the results of each test.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline deemsss1234

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Idiocy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 02:35:50 pm »
I want to thank you very much for the quick reply, and the help. But since I didn't expect such a quick reply, I decided to test something myself.

I decided to change my small MP3 to one that's even smaller. (Like 4MB?) and I was able to export the map with that. Then I let one of my group mates download my map, but instead of the 4MB file I added the original small file to it. They are able to hear the original file, so it worked! :)

I can still test what you said though, if you are curious what the problem was. But I am guessing it was the total size. I'm sorry for asking for help so soon though, but I didn't think I could fix this on my own. XD
VirtualWorlds.Boards.Net
Game character based RP group

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2017, 02:45:18 pm »
The size must have been the problem after all then! Happy to hear it's working fine for you and your friend now, though!

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2017, 03:20:10 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this up since it seems to be working for you now c:
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.