Author Topic: Preset Maker Question  (Read 1549 times)

Offline Germinator

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Pink Wolfie
    • https://www.deviantart.com/germi
    • View Profile
Preset Maker Question
« on: May 29, 2017, 09:18:17 pm »
Hello!
I have a question that I hope can be answered.
When I make preset's that have a glow marking, its hard to see the affect of the glow when the Preset Maker's time of day is by default day time.
I've seen screenshots where people were able to change the terrain of the Preset Maker (which I'd also like to know), but I was wondering if I could change the time of day? To help me with my preset making.
 That is all. c:
Thank you!
-Germi

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Maker Question
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2017, 09:28:07 pm »
How i've done that in the past was to make a map called "fhPodium"  (save the old one as a backup somewhere) with a huge rock in the center to shield out the light.  You could also make it without the sky as a default (so it has the cave ceiling above it).
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Germinator

• Pink Wolfie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2017, 09:36:26 pm »
What file do I change? o-o

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 02:07:33 am »
Drive C (probably?)  Feralheart/media/terrains/fhmaps/fhPodium.fhm
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 02:00:53 pm »
If you make a black map, literally everything textured black, then it should work for you in terms of viewing your character in different light. I don't expect you to create a map where there's just night, or just day etc. As that can be time consuming as you'd need to create a sky.

However, if you use the black.jpg Terrain Texture in the 'World' tab in map maker, untick the Sky option in the 'World' tab, and set your ceiling to about.. 5000 in Ceiling Height, then you shouldn't be able to see it. What you want to do after that, once everything is black, name both Map Name and Map Display Name to fhPodium. Once that is complete, you can then export the map. Once the map has been exported, go to Local Disk (C:) \\ Feral Heart \\ Exports and find fhPodium.fhm. Copy that file and place it into Feral Heart \\ Media \\ Terrains \\ fhmaps and replace the fhPodium that is already in there. Then you can relaunch FH and the new black map will be your podium.

If you want to view your preset in the character creator with your new background/podium map, then you need to make sure that the preset has been exported.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Germinator

• Pink Wolfie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2017, 11:21:31 pm »
Drive C (probably?)  Feralheart/media/terrains/fhmaps/fhPodium.fhm
If you make a black map, literally everything textured black, then it should work for you in terms of viewing your character in different light. I don't expect you to create a map where there's just night, or just day etc. As that can be time consuming as you'd need to create a sky.

However, if you use the black.jpg Terrain Texture in the 'World' tab in map maker, untick the Sky option in the 'World' tab, and set your ceiling to about.. 5000 in Ceiling Height, then you shouldn't be able to see it. What you want to do after that, once everything is black, name both Map Name and Map Display Name to fhPodium. Once that is complete, you can then export the map. Once the map has been exported, go to Local Disk (C:) \\ Feral Heart \\ Exports and find fhPodium.fhm. Copy that file and place it into Feral Heart \\ Media \\ Terrains \\ fhmaps and replace the fhPodium that is already in there. Then you can relaunch FH and the new black map will be your podium.

If you want to view your preset in the character creator with your new background/podium map, then you need to make sure that the preset has been exported.

Y'all are awesome. Thank you!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2017, 11:24:42 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this since it seems helpful information has been given in order to solve this problem. Feel free to PM a moderator if it needs to be unlocked!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.