Author Topic: Map Mask Not Working  (Read 3134 times)

Offline .Sorian.

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Map Mask Not Working
« on: June 02, 2017, 08:32:29 pm »
So I used to be a public map maker back in the day before the update. I haven't made a map since the update and when I go to make one, the height map is fine and works perfectly in the map maker. The issue I'm having is with the mask itself. I created the standard RGB terrain with 255 R, G, & B. However, when I go to change the textures in the map editor for the different colors, it simply adds/changes the red portion instead of the others. In other words, if Red is #1, I can change it to grass. But when I go to Green which is #2 to change it to sand, it overlays on the #1 position. Where I have the Green on my mask is still black.
I have never had this issue before and would like some assistance.
Thanks.

Offline TBSNIHON

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Biggest Adam Driver fan there is..
    • View Profile
    • Chuff!
Re: Map Mask Not Working
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2017, 02:21:40 am »
This has been happening to me aswell.. I use SAI for my RGB masks but I don't know why it does this.
Could it possibly be just certain textures?
BOOM!

Offline .Sorian.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2017, 10:28:22 pm »
It's not. I've tried everything and it's just overlaying on the red slot.
Like I said, this has never happened to me before so I think it may be the update screwing me over. If anyone has something that works, I'm willing to try it.

Offline .Sorian.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 05:16:25 pm »
Just bumping this considering it's still an issue that I would like some help on. ;-;

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2017, 05:25:04 pm »
I posted this recently on a thread, it may help you if you follow the steps thoroughly. In fact, perhaps you should launch Feral Heart as well before doing this, and go to Options \\ Video \\ Rendering Subsystem and select either Direct3D9 or OpenGL. I recommend Direct3D9 as OpenGL is more 'advanced' in terms of graphic usage in Feral Heart. It will tell you to relaunch the game for things to take effect.

Creating your Terrain Mask:
▸ When making a new canvas on Photoshop or GIMP, you must make sure the canvas is set to RGB Colour.
▸ RGB Colours. Red 225, 0, 0 Green 0, 225, 0 Blue 0, 0, 225. Use those colours exactly.
▸ Your Height Map must be either 513x513 pixels, or 1025x1025 pixels. Either works.
▸ Your first background must be a white/solid background, with no transparency. Otherwise, when loaded, your map maker will crash.
▸ If you create your terrain mask using multiple layers, you must make sure all of your layers are flattened together.
▸ Save your image as a .png format, with no transparency/opacity. (Photoshop = Use 'Save As' to save, GIMP 2 = Use 'Export' to save).

GIMP 2 Example:

Photoshop Example:

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline .Sorian.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2017, 08:45:37 pm »
I've tried remaking the terrain mask and it still has the same issue. This is the mask:
https://gyazo.com/69b83b8df2df634eb0802670f3693c8e

And this is what it looks like in game:
https://gyazo.com/e84fd29c580224495d949022e00eadac

It's not anywhere close to how it's supposed to look.

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2017, 10:56:18 pm »
Riigghhht yeah, it's definitely a missing texture issue. But, I do suggest switching to Direct3D9 by going to Options \\ Video \\ Rendering Subsystem. I also recommend checking this that WolfQueen posted elsewhere:

If your game crashes when you try to get into the map creator, there's an issue with loading the map creator in general. If there's only an issue with the height map or the texture mask the game will crash if you select it from the map creator toolbar, so that isn't the case.
There should be a "default" folder inside the "terrains" folder with files such as the ones shown here https://i.gyazo.com/c42aac0f7b32e7ac03f983cd9ac95bbc.png . Are you missing this folder or are any of it's files?

Make sure everything is in that folder, if not I can provide you with them.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2017, 10:58:15 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline .Sorian.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2017, 11:24:05 pm »
All the files are in the correct place. When I changed to Direct3D9 and loaded the mask, everything was black and I couldn't change the texture at all.
i b bamboozled

Offline .Sorian.

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2017, 05:57:45 pm »
I'm assuming my map is just going to stay one texture then. I've tried nearly everything that I can think of and it still isn't doing anything.

Offline TwistedProud

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • |:| A wandering soul |:|
    • http://twistedproud.deviantart.c
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 06:59:15 pm »
I've tried remaking the terrain mask and it still has the same issue. This is the mask:
https://gyazo.com/69b83b8df2df634eb0802670f3693c8e

And this is what it looks like in game:
https://gyazo.com/e84fd29c580224495d949022e00eadac

It's not anywhere close to how it's supposed to look.

I've been looking at the picture and I see nothing wrong in the mask itself but I suggest taking of the blur to see if it could help.
The blue-purple may also freak out the game, so I suggest fully blue.

May I ask what's the program you use?~
IN THE END, WE ONLYREGRET THE CHANCES WE DIDN'T TAKE.