Author Topic: Losing connection a lot, is there any way to fix this?  (Read 1448 times)

Offline Sakura

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Previously "Swmachoodoo"
    • chuutsie
    • chuutsie
    • View Profile
Losing connection a lot, is there any way to fix this?
« on: June 14, 2017, 03:15:52 pm »
Hi! I haven't had any issues with FH before in regards to connection, yet recently I've begun losing connection from a map every 5-10 minutes, custom or public. I can enter maps perfectly fine and am lag free, but after a few minutes I have to restart the game due to getting "Failed to connect to map server, retry?"
I use an auto-refresher on the login page and have it set for every 50 minutes.

Is there any solution I could try to remedy this?
I've tried using an ethernet cable and wi-fi but both seem to cause the crash equally as often.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: Losing connection a lot, is there any way to fix this?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 03:18:28 pm »
Here are a couple of things you can check to stop losing connection:

- Try not to have too many tabs open
- Same goes for applications ^^, try to keep it around 2-4 depending on your computer
- It could just be the maps, if you're in the Grounds it tends to be quite busy and lots of people lose connection because of it
- Turning your internet off and back on again, it's worked many times for me, it might just need a quick lil' reset

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline Sakura

• Curious Wanderer
    • chuutsie
    • chuutsie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 03:23:42 pm »
Here are a couple of things you can check to stop losing connection:

- Try not to have too many tabs open
- Same goes for applications ^^, try to keep it around 2-4 depending on your computer
- It could just be the maps, if you're in the Grounds it tends to be quite busy and lots of people lose connection because of it
- Turning your internet off and back on again, it's worked many times for me, it might just need a quick lil' reset

Hello! Thank you for the swift reply C:
I'll give the tabs and applications a try, I tend to keep a lot open, though I launch FH from the fourth cpu and have a strong desktop, but maybe that'll do the trick!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:48:15 pm »
Also be sure to use a page reloader, as sometimes the login page needs to refresh every so often to maintain the strong connection with the game and keep allowing you to play. I'd try using >RefreshThis< and setting it up that way.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Sakura

• Curious Wanderer
    • chuutsie
    • chuutsie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 04:33:14 pm »
Also be sure to use a page reloader, as sometimes the login page needs to refresh every so often to maintain the strong connection with the game and keep allowing you to play. I'd try using >RefreshThis< and setting it up that way.

Hi!
I've tried setting the refresh to 2 seconds as opposed to my former 50 minutes and so far it seems to be going okay, I've been online for a full 15 minutes. Cx
If this turns out to be my solution, thank you so much for the link!

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 04:36:44 pm »

Hi!
I've tried setting the refresh to 2 seconds as opposed to my former 50 minutes and so far it seems to be going okay, I've been online for a full 15 minutes. Cx
If this turns out to be my solution, thank you so much for the link!

I'd put it at 30 seconds rather than every 2 seconds, as it'll give the tab some time to ensure there's a connection. Although, if you find that you're losing connection still whenever you put it at 30 seconds, keep it at 2! Glad I could help.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡