Author Topic: Why is This Happening?  (Read 1156 times)

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
  • Mr. Sakurai I don't feel too good.
    • View Profile
Why is This Happening?
« on: July 01, 2017, 10:55:42 pm »
 So I got to the character creation screen and noticed that... Something wasn't right with my characters. The tufts are all in default colors and when I change the pelt color it only changes the head, partial tail, and stomach markings. I don't know why this is happening because I haven't deleted any files and only a couple of days ago the game was working properly.

Screenshots:

Could someone please tell me how to fix this problem? I am willing to reinstall the game if need be, but first I want to see my options, just in case I don't have to. If anyone can help me, I would be incredibly grateful.

UPDATE: Wait... I just remembered, I did do something regarding the files. I deleted all of the particle files because something went wrong (forgot what it was) Anyway, I slowly added in every particle back one by one to see what was causing the problem, and perhaps something happened? I don't know, but maybe that will help narrow down the problem.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 11:14:34 pm by NiN10Doh »
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Why is This Happening?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 12:53:31 am »
Hi there,
It shouldn't be an issue with the particle files but ya never know! Computers....
Anyway did you recently install a texture modification for your game? It looks like a mask file issue. As if some of the mask files might have gotten mixed up leading to that.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 06:03:40 am »
Yes I did install some new textures. When I first installed them they worked perfectly fine, but maybe they did something weird now? I dunno. I do have back-ups of my old files however, so I can keep replacing things if need be.
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 06:10:42 am »
I would reinstall the texture pack if I were you. Take all of the textures from the mod's .zip file (I assume it's in either .zip or .rar format) and replace them in C:\FeralHeart\media\textures\masks. Make sure when it asks to replace the files, select 'Yes'.

I hope this works. There may be another issue but this could likely by it.

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 12:16:51 am »
 Nope that's not it. I went on and decided to remove all of the fur texture mods before returning here to see if that was it, but nope. That's not it either. It only happens with the canine models, not the feline ones. I dunno what is going on, but the issue is more annoying than anything else.
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline Wolflover224

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • Im an IRL dolphin; On hiatus
    • the-sketchy-orca
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 05:59:17 am »
This happens if a mask is deleted. In this case, it is probably the mask deciding the coloring of the underfur. Check your 'masks' file and see if any is missing.

On an OOC note.. What item pack is that? I love the hat!

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 06:25:46 am »
 I got the hat from one of Taizer's item packs. I think it's the Naruto one.

Here's the link to that: https://taizerfh.wixsite.com/digitalviolence/mesh-downloads-1

As for a mask being deleted, I will investigate that tomorrow. I'm too tired tonight to figure this all out lol. Welp, we'll see if the problem is fixed tomorrow, hopefully me fiddling with things again won't make it any worse.
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline DraconisFantasy

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 11:11:35 pm »
I finally figured out what was wrong. So I went about replacing all of the masks with their originals and that still did not fix the canine model's texture problem. Well what I did, was I checked my materials folder and noticed cmain and cmarkings materials. Since I had no other option aside from saving all of my objects (I have 10,000 files I kid you not) I decided to go into my FH spare folders and replace the cmain and cmarkings files. Lo and behold, the canine model textures went back to normal. So if anyone gets the same issue that I had, you should give that a shot before starting fresh. Anyway, thanks for the assistance everyone, I really appreciate you guys taking your time to help me. x3
"I'm really feeling it!"

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2017, 11:13:25 pm »
Must've been materials that were installed along with a texutre mod to your game at some point or another. Thank you so much for the information you left us. I'm also glad we could help. Locking this thread <3
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:14:58 pm by Morgra »