Author Topic: Exporting my maps - help?  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Misterwives

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • v a g a b o n d
    • mysty-bootie
    • View Profile
Exporting my maps - help?
« on: July 27, 2017, 06:07:03 am »
My FeralHeart automatically exports my maps without me even clicking the export button. And if I do actually overwrite the pre-existing export, my entire game crashes and I have to redownload fh entirely.

My current map is coming up as skyfall.map, not skyfall.fhm, and someone who has downloaded my map keeps crashing. Is there a way to fix this issue?
i fade in and out of this game constantly.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
Re: Exporting my maps - help?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 12:20:36 pm »
If you mean the .map file that gets saved to FeralHeart > media > terrains, this is normal as that is the actual map file created when saving for the first time, it is not an exports file. When you click the export button, it saves your work and then exports the map as a .fhm with any other exported files to FeralHeart > exports. It may just be that when you export, it decides to create duplicate particle files in FeralHeart > media > particles that would show up like this "name_0".
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Misterwives

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • v a g a b o n d
    • mysty-bootie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 05:01:00 am »
If you mean the .map file that gets saved to FeralHeart > media > terrains, this is normal as that is the actual map file created when saving for the first time, it is not an exports file. When you click the export button, it saves your work and then exports the map as a .fhm with any other exported files to FeralHeart > exports. It may just be that when you export, it decides to create duplicate particle files in FeralHeart > media > particles that would show up like this "name_0".

That was the issue, thank you!
i fade in and out of this game constantly.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 05:05:25 am »
Locking up this thread since it was solved. Happy mapping!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.