Author Topic: Preset Numbers(?)  (Read 983 times)

Offline FaithFairyLove

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset Numbers(?)
« on: August 01, 2017, 11:52:32 pm »
Okay sorry if this has been asked, but i didnt see any question like it or maybe im just blind so :')

So uh, you know how when you download a preset and it has something like [preset_7] or something like that?
well is there a way to change the number?
Also, can we add more space for more presets?

Sorry i suck at explaining but I tried. If you can help please do, or if this has been answered on another...forruumm? Please do guide me to that <3

FaithFairyLove
"Strangers Are Just Friends You Haven't Met"

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Preset Numbers(?)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 03:25:54 am »
Unfortunately the game only allows for each user to have a maximum of 12 presets at any given time. If you'd like to have more, you could always consider using a backup account for them

And yes! There is a way to change the numbers. Firstly, go to all the files and rename each of them, replacing the number with the one you want (so if the file was originally called "preset_7head.jpg", and you wanted it to be preset 1, the only change you'd make were so it was "preset_1head.jpg" instead). Once that's all done, you open up the preset's material file in a program such as notepad, and wherever you see the number "7" you change it to whichever number you'd like (then save)

I hope this makes sense
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Numbers(?)
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 03:34:13 am »
Yes, you can change the preset number of a preset you downloaded.

I'll use the preset_7 as an example of the before change number and preset_1 as the after change number.

First, you will want to copy and paste all of the files of the preset you downloaded into the preset_1 folder under C:\FeralHeart\my_presets\preset_1 EXCEPT for the .material file, as all of the my_presets folders already have a .material file that corresponds with the folder.

After you paste the files into the folder, you will want to check and see if the files of the preset are a .png format or a .jpg format. This is important for the next step.

Then you will want to rename the image files (the files you just copied) to match the preset_1 coding. Since the material file is still at default here is what you should rename your files to:

Body file: preset_1body.jpg    (or .png)
Head file: preset_1head.jpg   (or .png)
Tail file: preset_1tail.jpg   (or .png)
Eye file: preset_1eye.jpg       (or .png)
Mane file: preset_1mane.png   Manes are always .png

Important Note: If your files are .png you will need to rename them in the .material file by opening them up in notepad and changing the .jpg's to .png's.

By the way, there are a couple ways you can do this, but this is my recommended method to avoid any confusion!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.