Author Topic: RustHeart's Art Shop and Requests (Updated 8/13/17 Finished Vespian's Request)  (Read 5377 times)

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Elbows are just arm knees.
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
RustHeart's Art Shop and Requests

Welcome to my page of art! Here you will find many different works I have competed as well as information on getting a commission or entering to get a request.

Requests are done when I have time and which one I work on depends on what I feel like doing, not by order. If you would like to guarantee getting work from me please condenser commissioning me.  Commissions will always be done before requests and you will get a say in how it looks. For example people getting commissions get to see sketches and can ask for as many changes as the want while people getting requests will see no sketches, I will make what I feel like based around what you suggest.

I will also do art trades. An art trade would be treated like a commission however you would pay for it by doing art for me. Both people would agree on the type of art and would send sketches of our work and such. If you are interested in doing this please message me.  Art trades are done before requests and after commissions.

If you would like to see more examples as well as prices please look at my page at https://www.furaffinity.net/user/rustheart/.

Now for what you are waiting for, the art!

Velocity the Kapcoon Reference Sheet
I have two fursonas, Rusty(AKA RustHeart) and Velocity. She is a utah raptor, kangaroo and raccoon mix.
Fun fact - I own a fursuit of this character.

Lucky the Sand Vorox Reference Sheet
I usually use firealpaca for art but I can't help to go back to my roots and draw on MS Paint every once in awhile.

Raptor and Red Mini Comic
Here we have two of my friend's characters. Raptor is well, the raptor, duh. Red is my friend's own version of UnderFell Sans.

Lil' Mix Breed
I started drawing this with no actual plan in mind.  I started thinking it was a fox but it became a dog/bat hybrid.

Zebra on a Walk
This was my half of an art trade with someone I met on fA.

Rusty Hanging Out
Rusty is my main fursona, she is a domestic short hair house cat.  I tried a different style with muzzles in this one.

Inkstone
I like to roleplay as AU characters from Undertale. Ink!Sans was created by comyet and is one of my favorites. Inkstone is a character I created which is a 'glitched' version of Ink.  This is my first finished drawing of a skele I have made that I actually liked.

New Program
This was my first time using FireAlpaca rather than MS Paint. This drawing is old and is my first finished drawing on the new program for me. I like comparing what I can do now and what I could do then.

Photo!Sans and Trottingster
Drawing skele's is pretty hard for me, so that means I got to keep drawing them until I can do it well!  Photo is my own version of Sans.

New Artists - Don't Give Up
No matter how 'bad' you think you are at art if you keep going you will get better. You can't improve if you don't draw,
 everyone starts off as a newbie, everyone.  I hate when I see new artists compare their art with other artist who have been drawing much longer and think they aren't good enough. That 'good' artist started off the same way you have and they are where they are because they didn't give up!

Requests
SIDE NOTE
Added 8/10/17
I am pretty bored and out of ideas to draw so I am very likely to do your request. So um, please give me ideas.

Art requests are done when I feel like it and are done in whatever order I like. One could be a fullbody drawing while others can just be a headshot. It depends on how I feel and how much I want to work on a drawing.
In order to get a request please post a reference of your character and write a bit about the character's personality or what you would like to see in the drawing. A certain expression or pose or something.
Just because you put in a request does not mean I will do it. It depends on how many other requests are there and how motivated I am.
I can do most animals. Feral and anthro. I can attempt Undertale style skeletons but I am still not that great with them. I can do NSFW but you must message me on fA for such things.

Finished Requests

An Unsightly Beast
For Vespian
Bad characters one of my favorite things to draw. Evil or insane and such. Don't let me cuter works fool you, I love my gorey stuff.  I will be going back to this and adding some more details, when I feel motivated to do so.

Two Doggo
For Daimondrose
This took me forever to finish and it was worth it. This is easily the best drawing I have done so far. I am super happy with how it came out.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 09:32:29 pm by rustheart »
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
Re: RustHeart's Art Shop and Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 03:42:49 am »
Wow!!! Must I say that your art looks absolutely incredible! I remember your old style and how you've progressed since. It's amazing to see how quickly you've developed your skills. Great work!

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: RustHeart's Art Shop and Requests
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 12:25:01 pm »
I can't resist. I must place here a request for one of your fine pieces.

Character Name: Vespian J. Blackwood
Character Reference(s):
* Note: You can doodle him in whichever form you choose! There's his mortal skin then there's his angel skin. I'm pretty sure you can decipher the two from each other. I'm sorry I couldn't provide a colored version of his angel skin but his colors are practically the same! Same markings, same eye color, etc! Keep in mind that, in his angel skin, the eyes embedded into his skull have no pupils.
A Summary: Vespian's known to be many things. "An Unsightly Beast, wrapped in Angel Skin," "The Beast that stares into Heaven with a Thousand Eyes," "Heaven's Prophet, cast down from the first Sin," etc. Within his lore lies heavy religious references and symbolism. He is a monster that was once man, a true terror in all his hideous deformity. His personality is sociopathic with indifference towards others. He is unable to feel emotion, swallowed by the paranoia in which his dozens of eyes symbolize. A vicar forever in servitude to the Great Ones. I hope this clarifies him enough.

Feel free to nudge me if I've missed anything!
gone

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Re: RustHeart's Art Shop and Requests (Updated 8/3/17)
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 07:45:34 pm »

Character Reference(s):
* Note: You can doodle him in whichever form you choose! There's his mortal skin then there's his angel skin. I'm pretty sure you can decipher the two from each other. I'm sorry I couldn't provide a colored version of his angel skin but his colors are practically the same! Same markings, same eye color, etc! Keep in mind that, in his angel skin, the eyes embedded into his skull have no pupils.
A Summary: Vespian's known to be many things. "An Unsightly Beast, wrapped in Angel Skin," "The Beast that stares into Heaven with a Thousand Eyes," "Heaven's Prophet, cast down from the first Sin," etc. Within his lore lies heavy religious references and symbolism. He is a monster that was once man, a true terror in all his hideous deformity. His personality is sociopathic with indifference towards others. He is unable to feel emotion, swallowed by the paranoia in which his dozens of eyes symbolize. A vicar forever in servitude to the Great Ones. I hope this clarifies him enough.

I remember that character totally different from how he is now! Jeeze, so much has changed since I was active here.
"I'm a kitchen sink, you don't know what that means. Because a kitchen sink to you, is not a kitchen sink to me, okay?"
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 08:58:25 pm »

Character Reference(s):

I remember that character totally different from how he is now! Jeeze, so much has changed since I was active here.

Oh? You knew Vespian? Yes, he's changed quite a bit! He's no longer The Madman most knew him to be, haha.
gone

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 10:24:04 pm »

Character Reference(s):

Oh? You knew Vespian? Yes, he's changed quite a bit! He's no longer The Madman most knew him to be, haha.

Didn't he have eyeballs on his neck before or what that someone else?  I used to be on here a lot under the name 'Rustys' my main was a blue cat named CharChar
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 11:10:07 pm »

Character Reference(s):

Didn't he have eyeballs on his neck before or what that someone else?  I used to be on here a lot under the name 'Rustys' my main was a blue cat named CharChar

Aaah, yes, he did! Hahaha, you mean this?

He did have an eyeball necklace, indeed but that transitioned to the dozens of eyes one can find on his back, now. He still has that heavy eye symbolism, though!
Hey, I remember you now! Wow, it really has been a while. I'm so happy to see you again!

I also see the WIP sketch. It looks great, so far! I love the look in his eye.
gone

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 03:26:22 pm »

Character Reference(s):

He did have an eyeball necklace, indeed but that transitioned to the dozens of eyes one can find on his back, now. He still has that heavy eye symbolism, though!
Hey, I remember you now! Wow, it really has been a while. I'm so happy to see you again!

Yes that is the design I was thinking of!

This is what CharChar looked like back then,

This is him now. Its not too much different. He got more defined spots and he is a serval rather than a house cat now.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 03:38:22 pm by rustheart »
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • View Profile
Re: RustHeart's Art Shop and Requests (Updated 8/4/17)
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 08:52:45 pm »

Character Reference(s):

Yes that is the design I was thinking of!

This is what CharChar looked like back then,

This is him now. Its not too much different. He got more defined spots and he is a serval rather than a house cat now.

Yep! That's the 2014-2016 Vespian, hahaha. He's definitely had an upgrade since then. I wanted to ditch the edge master look and mold him into a true terror to be frightened of. Every trypophobic's worst nightmare.

Aah, CharChar's very cute! I've always liked his design since it's one not many use. Servals are a very pretty breed of feline, too.

For the sake of furthering not any more idle chit-chat in this thread, mind we carry our conversation over to PM? If you'd like to speak with me more, that is. c:
Goodness, look at all our quoting, though.
gone

Offline rustheart

• Community Champion
    • RustyMcRustFace
    • View Profile
Re: RustHeart's Art Shop and Requests (Updated 8/4/17)
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 04:09:21 pm »
I almost finished lining Vespian's request and it didn't save.
Now I have to do it again.

>.<
Snow Shoe
Drawn by Aviru