Author Topic: My Presets aren't saving!  (Read 1462 times)

Offline ninefortyfive

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
My Presets aren't saving!
« on: August 21, 2017, 06:28:26 pm »
I'm confused, please help! Everytime I open Feral-Heart I have to go to preset-maker and re-export my presets! They don't stay when I close and reopen FH. When I get on and look at my characters that had presets, they just look default orange.This happened after getting off and downloading a map, though I did not tamper with the Preset folders.

This super weird thing started happening, I don't know how to fix it and I think it has something to do with the presets. It started happening before or about the same time the presets started going wonk. I've tried most of the things below, and nothing is working. I'm starting to panic.

What do I do??
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:55:09 pm by XxLmtAJxX »

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
Re: My Presets aren't saving!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 07:55:18 pm »
Quote from: Shallow
Make sure you've created the preset in the same format as you have in the preset.material txt file. If you saved it in a png format you need to make sure it says .png in the text file too (and not jpg or the other way around).

Also, are you using the Preset Sync?

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline ninefortyfive

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:08:50 pm »
I think I downloaded it, but I don't really use the download. I don't really know how.

And for the first part, when I hit export it says really fast, you know, head.png, body.png blah blah blah, then saved as xxlmtajxx.fhp.

All of the stuff saved in the presets folder are saved as fhp. I don't know which files to change.

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 08:11:02 pm »
Make sure when you open the game, in the username field, you type your username: XxLmtAJxX
Exactly as it is shown here on the forum!
Then go to preset maker and export it again.
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 08:38:35 pm »
Perhaps right when you finish exporting your preset, before you close out of FeralHeart, copy and paste the preset file in FeralHeart\presets to your desktop and then close out and then copy and paste it back in. I think i've had this problem before and this did the trick for some reason.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 09:16:28 pm »
Are you uploading your presets to the sync?
It can be done via the User Panel located on the Home page of this website. Log-in and you should be able to see an option that reads "Upload Preset" underneath the Preset Uploader. Be sure to choose your file (which should be your .fhp after exported) and upload it accordingly.

The sync is funny for those who do have it but do not upload their presets to the sync or have downloaded presets from other users that are not in the sync must open their presets folder after exporting or locate the .fhp file if downloaded and drag all of their exported/downloaded .fhp files to the PrivatePresets folder. Failure to do this will result in the sync erasing said files when it updates regularly with each new game launch.
If you do not have your presets uploaded to the sync, do what I've instructed above.

Me hopes this helps you out.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 09:18:42 pm by Vespian »
gone

Offline ninefortyfive

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2017, 10:57:05 pm »
It can be done via the User Panel located on the Home page of this website. Log-in and you should be able to see an option that reads "Upload Preset" underneath the Preset Uploader. Be sure to choose your file (which should be your .fhp after exported) and upload it accordingly.

The sync is funny for those who do have it but do not upload their presets to the sync or have downloaded presets from other users that are not in the sync must open their presets folder after exporting or locate the .fhp file if downloaded and drag all of their exported/downloaded .fhp files to the PrivatePresets folder. Failure to do this will result in the sync erasing said files when it updates regularly with each new game launch.
If you do not have your presets uploaded to the sync, do what I've instructed above.

If I do this with my presets, will anybody else who have downloaded my preset be able to see them still?

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2017, 11:35:12 pm »

If I do this with my presets, will anybody else who have downloaded my preset be able to see them still?

Yes, they should be able to. If they have the sync, then they'll be able to see your presets automatically if you have uploaded them to said sync. If you haven't, they can still download your presets manually like the old days but they will have to place your presets in the PrivatePresets folder instead of default presets. Only if they have the sync. If they do not, then they can place the files in presets like usual.
gone