Author Topic: Can't see presets! :(  (Read 2660 times)

Offline FFNJK

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: -2
    • View Profile
Can't see presets! :(
« on: August 27, 2017, 09:33:29 pm »
I downloaded a few of my friend's presets (and made sure to put them in the right folder and whatnot,) yet even after restarting a few time they're not visible. D:

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
Re: Can't see presets! :(
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 09:35:27 pm »
Just to clarify, you ARE putting them in the "Presets" folder and not the "my_presets" folder, correct?

Offline VortexAlive

• Eevee Knight
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 180
  • A wild floof has appeared!
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • VortexAlive
    • View Profile
    • VortexAlive is Rawrsome
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 10:15:05 pm »
Make sure their preset name is typed exactly like their username, it is very case sensitive; Example:
Username: PrEsEt
Preset name: PrEsEt_#.fhp
--- If they do not match, the preset will not show up! Edit: and you will have to ask them to export it properly. To do this they need to open the game, type their username exactly as others see it in the username field, but not log in... then go to preset maker and export again.

Also, if you do not have preset sync: Simply place the .fhp in the "presets" folder.
If you DO have preset sync: Place manually obtained .fhp's in the "privatePresets" folder.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 10:16:41 pm by VortexAlive »
For the sake of my own health and interests, I've left FH and I won't be looking back.

Offline FFNJK

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 10:27:42 pm »
Yes, it was in the presets folder @1st reply. (Idk how to work these forum things lol,) and @2nd reply, How do I know if I have the sync thing? *Is literally a grandpa*

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 11:05:23 pm »
Yes, it was in the presets folder @1st reply. (Idk how to work these forum things lol,) and @2nd reply, How do I know if I have the sync thing? *Is literally a grandpa*

If you don't think you have the Preset Sync, you most likely don't have the Preset Sync ^^
But it is possible that you installed it and have forgotten.
Is there an extra black window that pops when you open FeralHeart? Should look something like this:

Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline FFNJK

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 01:48:27 am »
Yes! Sorry for the late response ehe

Offline FFNJK

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2017, 09:23:26 pm »

If you don't think you have the Preset Sync, you most likely don't have the Preset Sync ^^
But it is possible that you installed it and have forgotten.
Is there an extra black window that pops when you open FeralHeart? Should look something like this:

Yeah, I do have that loading screen. It just occured to me now - maybe it has something to do with my markings downloads? I may not be updated .. but I'm really not sure.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2017, 10:23:58 pm »
Yeah, I do have that loading screen. It just occured to me now - maybe it has something to do with my markings downloads? I may not be updated .. but I'm really not sure.

Oh, okay then ^^
From what you've described the problem as so far, it wouldn't be anything to do with any markings installed.

So, since we've clarified that you do have the sync, try placing your friends' .fhp preset file in both the "presets" folder AND the "PrivatePresets" folder.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline FFNJK

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 04:08:18 pm »

Oh, okay then ^^
From what you've described the problem as so far, it wouldn't be anything to do with any markings installed.

So, since we've clarified that you do have the sync, try placing your friends' .fhp preset file in both the "presets" folder AND the "PrivatePresets" folder.

Oh, okay then ^^

PrivatePresets? Hmm, where do I find that? .3.

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2017, 07:40:02 pm »

Oh, okay then ^^

Oh, okay then ^^

PrivatePresets? Hmm, where do I find that? .3.

Arf, it should be located in your main FeralHeart folder. You should be able to see PrivatePresets and PublicPresets as their own individual folders as well as your simple presets.
gone