Author Topic: Can't view pictures  (Read 1606 times)

Offline OceanWaves

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can't view pictures
« on: August 30, 2017, 10:48:47 pm »
Every time I try to view a picture I only see this: http://imgur.com/a/zXyvN This started a while ago and I just can't stand it anymore.
Panic! at the Disco trash #1

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Can't view pictures
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2017, 10:51:00 pm »
Every time I try to view a picture I only see this: http://imgur.com/a/zXyvN This started a while ago and I just can't stand it anymore.

Not sure what you're trying to show, but sometimes it can just be the connection / speed of the internet that prevents you from seeing the picture entirely. Could be a broken link or some other factor. I could be wrong but that's usually the case in some instances.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline OceanWaves

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2017, 10:53:14 pm »

Not sure what you're trying to show, but sometimes it can just be the connection / speed of the internet that prevents you from seeing the picture entirely. Could be a broken link or some other factor. I could be wrong but that's usually the case in some instances.
I'm kinda skeptical of it being that because it has been happening for over a month now and 90% of the pictures I view show me the same message.

Offline turtlies

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • loves to lurk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 11:01:13 pm »
Does this happen with new threads too? A lot of pictures on older threads are often deleted or moved and no longer visible here. Based on some quick reading I've done though, it seemed Photobucket released an update around the end of June that prevented users from embedding images on other websites, so now all previous images just are broken links like the picture you showed.

Sadly I don't think there's much that can done if certain pictures are broken. If the original poster is still active you could try messaging them to see if they would update their images, though. Otherwise the problem seems to be on Photobucket's part.

he/him
bro what if i put my feralheart cave next to yours.. bro what if they only had one flattened bush mesh to lay on and we had to share... haha just kidding... unless...?

Offline OceanWaves

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2017, 11:04:58 pm »
Does this happen with new threads too? A lot of pictures on older threads are often deleted or moved and no longer visible here. Based on some quick reading I've done though, it seemed Photobucket released an update around the end of June that prevented users from embedding images on other websites, so now all previous images just are broken links like the picture you showed.

Sadly I don't think there's much that can done if certain pictures are broken. If the original poster is still active you could try messaging them to see if they would update their images, though. Otherwise the problem seems to be on Photobucket's part.

Ah, I see. Thank you for letting me know! I'll try switching browsers, that may help.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2017, 11:07:27 pm »

I'm kinda skeptical of it being that because it has been happening for over a month now and 90% of the pictures I view show me the same message.

Ah, the link wasn't there for me in the original post. But as Torskite said, if this is usually on older posts and PB had an update, links could be broken and no longer available to view.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline OceanWaves

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 11:14:09 pm »
I just switched to Chrome and it appears that the problem is now gone. Thanks for your help guys!

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 11:23:05 pm »
I'll go ahead and lock this. Please feel free to let a staff member know if you run into this problem again in the near future and we will unlock this thread for you. ^^
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.