Author Topic: What is up with these people's names.  (Read 963 times)

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
What is up with these people's names.
« on: August 31, 2017, 06:50:50 pm »
I am sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I figured this would be the most likely place a question like this would go. So I am on day 4 I believe of being part of feral heart and it is pretty fun, though there are quite a bit of people on there who are kind of jerks, but that is not what this question is about so let me explain. I have noticed people seem to have coding after their names things such as UCxRB, EWxW, EWxH, and so on, What is the purpose of these letter codes? Is it a roleplay thing, I know some people will put F or M after their name and maybe even a race or a rank, to tell more about their character and to show the gender of their character with F and M, but what is the point of these other codes/abbreviations? I did not want to ask them, their self seeing as no one ever seems to talk to me and the last time I did ask a question that probably only a newbie would asked I was kind of shunned and teased by those people I asked.

So can anyone please explain this to me? Please and thanks.

Offline sanrio

• Grumpy Overlord
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
    • kiyatii
    • View Profile
Re: What is up with these people's names.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2017, 07:00:06 pm »
Don't be afraid to ask, I'm pretty sure all of us were confused at one point at what the tags mean.

It's basically just an easier way to say what rank you are in a roleplay group. Not much else to say really. A lot of groups do it but I've seen it die out a bit in the past few months.
I'm going to use an example you provided, "EWxW"
The EW is most likely initials of the group name, and then the W can stand for Warrior or some other ranking.
The rank tags can most likely be seen in the groups bio or their website (if they have one)
Hopefully this answers your quesiton, it's a bit difficult to explain I hope I helped!

Avatar by byambyy | Signature by rykerclawss

Offline ShadowMT13

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • I gave up on this FH since I was let down...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 09:14:13 pm »
Don't be afraid to ask, I'm pretty sure all of us were confused at one point at what the tags mean.

It's basically just an easier way to say what rank you are in a roleplay group. Not much else to say really. A lot of groups do it but I've seen it die out a bit in the past few months.
I'm going to use an example you provided, "EWxW"
The EW is most likely initials of the group name, and then the W can stand for Warrior or some other ranking.
The rank tags can most likely be seen in the groups bio or their website (if they have one)
Hopefully this answers your quesiton, it's a bit difficult to explain I hope I helped!
It does to some degree so thank you, but I am not afraid to ask I just don't feel like getting into an argument with some jerks again, that is all.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2017, 09:35:06 pm »
Much like Arreze explained, it is usually an abbreviation format of the group's name and the rank of the user with the tag. There's no surefire way to guess what each one means unless you look into the user's bio or the group's bio or website.
However, it is wrong of those who judge people asking what their tag means. You'd think people would be thoughtful enough to explain that to someone when we've all been in a position of not understanding them. And a lot of those roles vary group by group so don't feel bad if you do not know what each one means. I sure don't!

I'll go ahead and lock this since it seems you seem satisfied with the responses.
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.