Author Topic: Help with a forgotten password - for a friend-  (Read 1922 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Help with a forgotten password - for a friend-
« on: September 05, 2017, 04:30:43 pm »
Posting this for a friend...
My friend with the username JokerXHarley53 can't seem to log in. His username and password is correct but it keeps telling him it's incorrect. Tried forgot password, discover he can't remember what username he used.

It is possible a mod could PM his email address? He says he doesn't care if I know it, he just needs to know the email name x.x

Offline Ellen11v

• Don't open, blue inside
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 276
  • Bye :)
    • Lousiem
    • EllenPlayz
    • View Profile
    • Global Moderator of an IT server
Re: Help with a forgotten password - for a friend-
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 04:42:55 pm »
Well, JokerXHarley53 does exist in the member list, when searching on the forum,
so how can he not remember what username he used when he used the correct username?
Are you entirely sure he typed the username correctly and all capital letter sensitive?
Also, a user should always remember their E-mail for their account. I don't see why that isn't important, as you know he can't retrieve his password because he don't remember his E-mail for the account. He shouldn't of created a random E-mail for this account, if he did that.
:)
doing what i feel like

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2017, 04:50:04 pm »
Well, JokerXHarley53 does exist in the member list, when searching on the forum,
so how can he not remember what username he used when he used the correct username?
Are you entirely sure he typed the username correctly and all capital letter sensitive?
Also, a user should always remember their E-mail for their account. I don't see why that isn't important, as you know he can't retrieve his password because he don't remember his E-mail for the account. He shouldn't of created a random E-mail for this account, if he did that.
:)

Yep he says he typed it entirely correct, username and password case sensitive and everything x.x I have no idea why the login didn't work, because never changed his password.
He has a bad habit of forgetting to right down which email address he used. He didn't make a random one, he most likely used his sisters email(he didn't have one of his own at the time) and she's since deleted her email account.

***nvrmind to the bottom bit, I thought you were mod///
*****Edit 2, he said he typed everything correct. It's not the username that is the issue it's the password. He said it's never been changed, so he has no idea why he cannot login. He wrote it down correctly and everything. it's just not working for some reason

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but would it be possible to switch emails to his new email? Like have a mod or admin do it?
Like have him email you from his new one, with some kind of verification? The only type of verification I can think of him to send you would be what his password was at the time of him signing up. The only two people who have this password are me and him, so it would be valid. I'm pretty sure mods can tell passwords but I don't know...This is his only account and it meant a lot to him ;_____: he can't log into the forums to post this hence why I am.
It would mean a lot if you could.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2017, 04:58:41 pm by Vidathelion »

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2017, 05:41:03 pm »
I know it's a bit of a stretch, but have they tried logging in from a different browser or another electronic device like a phone or something?
I know it's a silly thing to suggest but sometimes ( around certain parts of the days ) I can't login into the site from the usual browser and I would have to switch.

If they're that certain that they're in fact, typing in the correct information, special characters and all for the site and no type of security is blocking web access for them, then contact a mod as soon as possible.

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline Kynvuu

• #Grimstagram
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 212
  • I'm not saying that it was aliens but...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 09:17:11 pm »
Hi there! I went ahead and checked up on this for you and it looks like your friend's account may have been improperly activated. In order to use an account successfully, you must activate it via the link sent to the e-mail that you signed up with. However, to do this, your friend would have to remember the e-mail in which they used to sign up with. I would suggest that your friend login to any e-mails that they might have and check for the activation e-mail. If they cannot remember the e-mail they used, please let me know via PM here on the forums and we can possibly figure out a way to get them the e-mail address while still honoring their privacy.

Also, another note: If by any chance your friend used a fake e-mail to sign up with (i.e. one that doesn't work or one that they don't have access to), then it would be impossible for them to receive the activation e-mail. At that point, I would recommend your friend create a new account with a valid e-mail address.

Hope this helps!
On a temporary leave. Please contact other members of staff if you need assistance.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 01:50:45 am »
Hi there! I went ahead and checked up on this for you and it looks like your friend's account may have been improperly activated. In order to use an account successfully, you must activate it via the link sent to the e-mail that you signed up with. However, to do this, your friend would have to remember the e-mail in which they used to sign up with. I would suggest that your friend login to any e-mails that they might have and check for the activation e-mail. If they cannot remember the e-mail they used, please let me know via PM here on the forums and we can possibly figure out a way to get them the e-mail address while still honoring their privacy.

Also, another note: If by any chance your friend used a fake e-mail to sign up with (i.e. one that doesn't work or one that they don't have access to), then it would be impossible for them to receive the activation e-mail. At that point, I would recommend your friend create a new account with a valid e-mail address.

Hope this helps!

Well interesting things occurred
The password he was entering WAS correct. The login wasn't working. I tested this by trying to log into my account and it took three times to accept it. He promptly was then able to get his to login.
 So he was either entering the password incorrect several times or the login wasn't working.
That being said I can't login either now.  In the actual game I mean. I keep getting a 'cannot connect to server' message even though I've restarted my PC. Are the servers down?

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 02:16:34 am »
Make sure that you've logged into This Page Here And that you're typing the correct information. I have the same issue where it takes a couple of tries to login into the page before it accepts it. So give it a couple of tries and it should work. Make sure you don't have the game running the background before logging in and make sure that the page ( the link I sent ) is opened and up during your gameplay.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 01:37:04 pm »
Make sure that you've logged into This Page Here And that you're typing the correct information. I have the same issue where it takes a couple of tries to login into the page before it accepts it. So give it a couple of tries and it should work. Make sure you don't have the game running the background before logging in and make sure that the page ( the link I sent ) is opened and up during your gameplay.
I did x n x it allows him to login to page you linked(the one you have to have open to play)) but everytime he tries to login in game it just buffers and eventually gives a 'connection error' or similar messages. It clearly works because it doesn't say incorrect password. I was able to login with mine, and even had another friend test their account on both our PCS(his and mine), they were able to login as well as mine, but his won't connect despite the password being correct.

Offline Hakumi

• Honored Hero
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 06:27:34 pm »
I did x n x it allows him to login to page you linked(the one you have to have open to play)) but everytime he tries to login in game it just buffers and eventually gives a 'connection error' or similar messages. It clearly works because it doesn't say incorrect password. I was able to login with mine, and even had another friend test their account on both our PCS(his and mine), they were able to login as well as mine, but his won't connect despite the password being correct.

Then there might be a possibility that his account is no longer usable and got cleared from the game server. It might be showing up incorrectly for the staff and that the account is actually gone. Has it been awhile since your friend logged in with that information? If everyone is able to access their account on both yours and his computer but he's not able to login period after checking everything then it has to be something up with his account.