Author Topic: "Name Cannot Start Or End With Spaces"  (Read 3494 times)

Offline mcromance

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
"Name Cannot Start Or End With Spaces"
« on: September 16, 2017, 04:29:53 pm »
So. Almost every time i try to create a new character that message comes up when im finished. Of course, I go back and make sure that there are no spaces in front of or behind the name, and there aren't! I've lost around 3 characters I spent a lot of time working on just because of this glitch. I cant find anyone else who has the same problem and it's really starting to frustrate me. Please help.

Offline Cookie202

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • its ya gorl
    • Cookie202
    • View Profile
Re: "Name Cannot Start Or End With Spaces"
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 04:59:06 pm »
If you accidentally add a space at the end of your character's name, click out of the name bar,
 and re-click on it, the space will not show up. It's still there, and won't let you create your character, but you can't remove it. I've made the same mistake many times LOL, I usually just write down the markings and color codes of my character and recreate them. c:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 05:03:59 pm by Cookie202 »
Signature by Regularities || Icon by CaptainFlare

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 05:01:43 pm »
Adding into Cookie's post above, as far as I know, it can be both a glitch or an actual indication that there are spaces present. The two things that I've found to work were using the arrow keys to shift your curser along the name and see if there was a space (then back spacing) to both the front and the end of the name, or to edit your character bit-by-bit, saving as you go (so as not to lose progress). If you have been typing in the same name for all three characters, perhaps try a different name (make sure you aren't typing in any oddd symbols like "*", as this can cause trouble, for some)!

Hopefully this helps. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline G4RG0YLE

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 170
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 05:02:06 pm »
What I do is, if it comes up with that, I then take a lot of screenshots of my markings/colour codes/and any special features say I don't use the norm in my character slider. That way, when you have to recreate the characters, you don't have to try and remember what you had.

© short ' cakes on Discord ♡

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 05:03:03 pm »
Adding on to what have been said,
What I normally do is click 'Create' so I will have a default character to work with it. I then add the name first making sure there's no spaces so I won't have to worry about that glitch, save it to see if it goes through and then go back and edit c:

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7