Author Topic: Darkwolf's canine animations (WIP, canceled until summer)  (Read 2519 times)

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I made my profile picture.
    • Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
Darkwolf's canine animations (WIP, canceled until summer)
« on: October 18, 2017, 12:14:57 am »
Right now I can't seem to get them in-game correctly. They didn't crash the game this time, but it looked nothing like what was in blender.

What's still being worked on -
crawl - Completely remaking.

walk - Haven't started.

run - Haven't started.

fly - Haven't started

jump - (forgot about jump) Haven't started

wings? - don't know either

Export - Not sure what's wrong with blender's exporting. (Keeps adding numbers after the animation, removing the numbers got rid of the crashing but completely changed animation.)

The last update video showing the animations in-game for the first time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm3oK1hHAL8

Last update video showing them in Blender.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoFAsP7ljBU&t=7s

What I need help with

animation names I need to add (so far I think I only need anything that involves the flying)

figuring out what's causing the crashes (checked animation names, already had what I needed added in)

what even happened when they didn't crash, until i tried crawl.

Testing link, see if they work for you if you want.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/8ln9ywkdd31ppdr/darkwolf+test+C+animations+1.zip
folder tilted 1 - had spazzed out model and crawl crashed (fixed? animation names)
folder titled 2 - always crashed for me (unmodified/unfixed export names)

Edit 10/18/17
Decided I'll be working on these during part of the weekends. I'll update this post if there's any major progress to the animations.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 10:38:38 pm by darkwolf1355 »
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline Hakumi

• ✩ Just A Virtuous Smol ✩
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 130
  • A Smol & Helpful Floof ~
    • leanim3fr3akzoid
    • LeAnim3Fr3akzoid
    • View Profile
Re: Darkwolf's canine animations (WIP, testing, slight help needed)
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 03:42:15 am »
Wow, these look really cool so far c:
If you haven't figured it out already, the fly / jump are the same animations I believe. Fly is basically the jump, just running a lot slower.

The other animations that do need to be included are:

> Dance1
> Dance2
> Dance3
> Stretch
> Curlidle
> Curltransit
> Call1

Adding these won't break the game.

Hopefully something gets sorted out, wouldn't mind testing this out so far. Looks like it's coming along nicely <3
If you need some guidance though, I recommend checking out this tutorial here c: It really happened me out when I was starting to make animations.
> Gold's Blender Tutorial For FH <

Good luck ~!

Keep on traveling across this road called 'Life.'

Discord: Haku - Haku#74O7

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 06:51:13 am »
You appear to be using Blender 2.78, correct? If so, you need to switch to Blender 2.49b. I couldn't install the Ogre export plugin to 2.78, and I've had no problems exporting animations using 2.49b. However, I(And others who tried to help me export animations) couldn't put the animations from 2.78 into 2.49b, so good luck!

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 08:23:21 pm »
You appear to be using Blender 2.78, correct? If so, you need to switch to Blender 2.49b. I couldn't install the Ogre export plugin to 2.78, and I've had no problems exporting animations using 2.49b. However, I(And others who tried to help me export animations) couldn't put the animations from 2.78 into 2.49b, so good luck!

Yup, I'm using 2.78. I somehow got the ogre exporter installed and working though, but if I can't seem to get them working soon while in-game I'll try using 2.49.

Wow, these look really cool so far c:
If you haven't figured it out already, the fly / jump are the same animations I believe. Fly is basically the jump, just running a lot slower.

The other animations that do need to be included are:

> Dance1
> Dance2
> Dance3
> Stretch
> Curlidle
> Curltransit
> Call1
[/size][/font]

Adding these won't break the game.

Hopefully something gets sorted out, wouldn't mind testing this out so far. Looks like it's coming along nicely <3
If you need some guidance though, I recommend checking out this tutorial here c: It really happened me out when I was starting to make animations.
> Gold's Blender Tutorial For FH <

Good luck ~!

Thanks, I'll make sure I have those.
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 02:03:01 pm »

Yup, I'm using 2.78. I somehow got the ogre exporter installed and working though, but if I can't seem to get them working soon while in-game I'll try using 2.49.
How did you install the Ogre Exporter onto the version 2.78 of Blender?
I'll try to test the exporter in the new Blender version by trying to export the first animations I created, and if I have no problems(Though it's rare that I don't encounter problems) then I might be able to export your animations and send the exported files back to you.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 09:54:28 pm »

How did you install the Ogre Exporter onto the version 2.78 of Blender?
I'll try to test the exporter in the new Blender version by trying to export the first animations I created, and if I have no problems(Though it's rare that I don't encounter problems) then I might be able to export your animations and send the exported files back to you.
I think I used the newest version of Python and I have no idea where I got the exporting stuff. I'll try to figure out how I installed it and I'll show you.
Oh, cool, I exist.

Offline ShadowFang1355

• Wolf24019
    • ShadowFang1355
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 10:13:09 pm »
I don't remember how I got it to work. I'm pretty sure it's some type of python file I found, but I can't find the place I got it from.
Oh, cool, I exist.