Author Topic: Username Problem  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Nawazish

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • The lonely god
    • annu-adopts
    • View Profile
Username Problem
« on: November 01, 2017, 02:31:06 am »
I don't know if it was in game problem or site problem so if I got it wrong, please just move this thread!

I have another account that I haven't used for a while now and tomorrow I went to get on it yet the site told me to change the username since the symbol ~ was known to bug FH so I accepted and changed my username. Now I can't get on the new one nor old username. I know I should send an email to changeusername or something like that[The email is written near the change username in the user panel] but when I tried, my email told me it did not exist. This problem is more for the staff and I hope there is a way to fix it.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Username Problem
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 04:06:14 am »
How long ago did you last use your account? Any in-game accounts that haven't been used for about a year and a half are automatically removed by the server
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Nawazish

• Experienced Traveler
  • The lonely god
    • annu-adopts
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 02:50:30 pm »
Been a long time but, I could actually enter my panel and everything with the username. It's just that when I changed it, none of the new and old username work.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 12:32:44 am »
Quote from: Warriorstrike
Keep in mind that the username change can take up to 48 hours to fully go into effect-- this means that you may potentially have to wait a bit before the game registers the change to your account. One thing that I've noticed seems to cause a bit of trouble is trying to change the username and then changing the password and/or e-mail directly afterward. You may need to give the server time to work through each change at a time; if you find that you're still experiencing log-in troubles after 48 hours or so, choose one thing to change (e-mail, password, username, etc) and give it time to work.

Do you get the message "'Failed to connect to front server"? There is a new system in place to take care of the game and make it more secure.

You'll have to either use this link
https://feral-heart.com/login/ or click "Play Game" in the right side of the site menu.
After that, type in your nickname and password to login to the account you wish to play on and give it a minute to connect.
Then launch your FeralHeart game client and login through there with the same account.

Note: Make sure you keep that web page and browser open during the time you play FeralHeart.
Note #2: Make sure that you're not using the numpad, while typing in your password (if it has numbers), because it does NOT work in the game.

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline Nawazish

• Experienced Traveler
  • The lonely god
    • annu-adopts
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 01:50:16 am »
No, I mean , in the login page you just sent me I can't login with the new username.

Offline Whisperingwaves

• #2FAB4U
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 135
  • #SlainyTheBattleTurkey
    • Whisperingwaves
    • @slainytbm
    • View Profile
    • Kiros
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 08:33:27 pm »
When you changed it.. was the new username under 16 characters long? If not, the game will not allow you to login.
And i'm not sure if you have to re-activate the account after the username is changed, but it's always a good idea to check the email registered with the account to make sure there isn't a new activation email etc.
It'd also be a good idea to skim this section of the "Big Help Thread" for any other possible issues you might be experiencing that are described here: https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=10423.msg144690#msg144690

~ Whisper

Avatar by Chezdip on Lioden || Signature by Jackdaw ♥
In-Game As Whisperingwaves

Offline Nawazish

• Experienced Traveler
  • The lonely god
    • annu-adopts
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2017, 01:59:50 pm »
Thanks. My username is under 16 and I'll be sure to do what you say to see if that' S the problem