Author Topic: Folders will not reload themselves. More of a computer bug, move if necessary.  (Read 987 times)

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
I just cannot convert the animations or meshes, OgreXMLConverter is not converting, though it looks like it's doing something, I get no converted file when it's finished.

The words in OgreXMLConverter scroll up too fast for me to read(It has always scrolled up that fast), I don't know if it's saying anything about an error. However, a way to read it would be to film the converter then examine each frame(If the recording software has enough FPS to catch each line).

I've tested it with all sorts of .xml files I've exported before, no file appearing after I try to convert any .xml file.

EDIT: I've pinpointed the exact cause of my problem. Folder contents will not update unless manually reloaded, so I can't see what's been added until I reload the folder. A bug on my PC, the OgreXMLConverter is not broken.
Does anyone know how to make folders start automatically reloading again? I've never seen the option to make folders do that.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 07:43:18 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
First of all, does this only happen when you use the converter? It might just be the program and not your computer.
If it happens all the time, it's your computer. Assuming you have Windows, File Explorer usually automatically updates on it's own unless you changed something in the settings. Try pressing view on the menu, then options, then "check or uncheck any option" or restore all defaults.
If that doesn't work, it might be because there's too many programs running so your computer disables some features. If that's not the case, then you might have to edit something in your registry. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/desktop-does-not-refresh-automatically-windows Be careful because it's a steady process.

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
It doesn't only happen when I use the converter. When I download something with the destination folder open, or add a new file to the desktop, I can't see the new file until the place with the new file is reloaded.

I'll follow the solutions, there may have been too many programs running(Blender and Feralheart), having more than just Blender and Feralheart was fine before, but the limit may have changed recently.

If my problem escalates/continues, which I might know when the taskbar shortcuts stop working(When the start menu won't open), then I'll try editing my registry.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
If this only started happening recently, you could try a System Restore if you remember a date before it started happening?

Also going to move this to the Off Topic Discussion board as it fits as a discussion topic c:
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 06:48:57 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.