Author Topic: [~Supportive Idea's for Community Issues~]  (Read 35239 times)

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
Re: Unethical or Awareness ? - Less Moan - More Support.
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2011, 03:58:53 am »
If you have enough staff, you can assign them according to time zones to be on at a certain time. So there will always be at least one moderators watching no matter what time. Of course this takes a lot of time and organization, but if done correctly it can work and be efficient. This way works best is what I find, but I run a smaller operation so it might not work as well for FH as a whole.

I like this idea, pretty much because there's a time at my night time where I go on, and I'm pretty sure it's a time when there are no mods at all on, quite possible for about an hour maybe more. Users do troll around at this time and generally when I report them no mod will appear (and the users will end up blocked). So I go onto the forums and there's no mods online there either.
D: Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the mods are being slack. I'm kind of saying I think there needs to be "timezone" mods to be able to cover all areas of the day/night.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2011, 05:48:47 am »

Ignoring the problem, doesn't make it go away.

Twi~

Ignoring trolls does usually make them go away, actually. :D
Whenever someone tries to rape me I just ignore them and they go away after a bit. If everyone ignored them they would stop doing it. But I do see the point in this thread and I think the 'wall-of-shame' would have some value. I'd like to see how this pans out in the end.

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2011, 06:35:37 am »
Sorry if this post if a little mean but I'm just trying to make a point here... lol and this is my favorite part xD

"D- I can't play this game anymore, I quit.
*Well that's nice of you to give up on the suppose 'sh*tty community' that you YOURSELF been part of so long. And if you just joined, then just quietly leave because you're not helping us much at all make it better.( or running my mouth around claiming  that another game will be ' teh better erp derp' when it isn't even released yet .) But to be fair, from the way things are going I've thought of going into hiding myself, but instead I wanna try and improve it and make it better instead of b**ching about it.. (: *

E - Dimensions
No
1- As Gem said, this will make it even HARDER for in-game mods, there is not enough of them and none of them can be on all the dims at once. This is basically giving trouble makers more power to hide from mods.
2- "They aren't going to be added." ~ Kovu , the maker of the game
3- Kinda forces you to learn how to make a map and be creative like the game is about, durhur."

but in all seriousness... Those are great suggestions and honestly, if you want to be whiny or b*tchy, then go for it. The block button still works, the Mods will eventually hear about it, and IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. If you're being picked on, let it go! You may never see them again, you will never meet them in real life, honestly "rub some dirt in it" and toughen up!
It builds character if you are the better person and you just ignore it. Whining and complaining and reporting just gives the bully what they want: ATTENTION. They want to get a rise out of you, so just let it go and don't feed the fire!

disaggree. you just sound like you say irl:
oh look boys harssing a girl, maybe they will hurt her... then shout:
hey girl! just ignore them,  no worries if they hit you, they ill get bored eventually, and if you go to police it wont do anything because they will be harassingn you more...
this just sounded so wrong...
see the problem?
this is the problem with kinds, teens and some adults.
They just ignore it because they never were victim to such a thing.
they find even fun in this.
dont tell me that irl life doesnt have to do anything with this...
trust me.. if you ignore stuff here.. there is a super huge chance you do the same thing irl. and it does more damage.
now just tell me... would you just stand there and watch how those boys beat up that girl?

about mods being spammed with ppl asking stuffs, and reporting everything and seek attention while pressing the "report to mod" button: have a punishment for that.
just an example:
spamming mod in work: 1 days bann
pressing "report to mod" without anything happening: 2 days bann.

Totally agreeing to Wall of Shame. Could stop some ppl.

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2011, 06:54:12 am »

Twi~

Whenever someone tries to rape me I just ignore them and they go away after a bit. If everyone ignored them they would stop doing it. But I do see the point in this thread and I think the 'wall-of-shame' would have some value. I'd like to see how this pans out in the end.

This thread is really based at the more serious offenses, not people buttswinging people. So sure, ignoring someone buttswinging someone might bore them, but those making serious offences can't just be ignored and it'll stop, you encourage them because they don't get in trouble.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

Hiccupby

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2011, 02:35:36 pm »

Twi~

This thread is really based at the more serious offenses, not people buttswinging people. So sure, ignoring someone buttswinging someone might bore them, but those making serious offences can't just be ignored and it'll stop, you encourage them because they don't get in trouble.
I agree Kyu <3 we should do everything BUT ignore these people, they need to be stopped

Offline kahara

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 23
  • Assassin
    • View Profile
    • Impressive Hearts
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2011, 03:31:16 pm »
Map maker makes map.
Therefor map maker has right to kick whoever they want out because it is their map.
As long as it IS NOT a public map.

Seems fair 'nuff.
Nuzzle me if you agree with me!
Bite me if you love me. (;

Hiccupby

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2011, 04:26:00 pm »
Map maker makes map.
Therefor map maker has right to kick whoever they want out because it is their map.
As long as it IS NOT a public map.

Seems fair 'nuff.
yeah this should defineately be a feature put in for the mapmaker :3

Ritza

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2011, 04:35:25 pm »
There should also be a nomination system. Or veto system.

Wudiin

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2011, 04:38:20 pm »
I'd have to say Sly, I love you for this. I, Wudiin, the b*tchy pink sheep of doom, un-installed the game (reinstalling for mapmaking, and I wanna see how bad stuff is ). Not because of trolling, but simply because of the sh*t that goes down and no mods are ever on to stop it. Ever. It's annoying, and stressful when you're trying to speak to a friend(s) and some random person(s) approch you, and procceede to 'kill' 'rape' whatever they can think of. Now I myself could care less, since this IS the internet and one should expect as much. But when you have 7-8 year old kids in-game (which shouldent be ingame anyways but thats for a nother' time) that needs to be delt with, and I rarely see that glorious wall of red text from a mod :/  I understand mods have lives, but when you take on a job for any game, you have an effing responsibility, dont think someone else is gonna take up the slack for you, cuse we ALL see how well thats worked out.

I've, so far only see a handful of member trying to solve the issue, maybe I'm missing a few but I doubt it

Offline Avani

• Slytherin
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 241
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2011, 05:00:16 pm »
Yeah Wudiin i agree with that there is no mods on it to stop it...yeah and that is annoying that's why i say we need more in game mods that can stop it. Yes the in game mods have a life but they can come on a bit to take the responsibility. Yeah there is young people on FH and its not so fun for them to see people do the buttswing on someone. Mod75 stops them sometimes. I often then i mean OFTEN see people use bad language (sometimes very bad and someone talked about hormones..yeah eh) spam and i almost always see rape, almost every time im on.