Author Topic: Smiles all around! Who is down to teach newbies?  (Read 2599 times)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 25
  • ❤️ Plz Nuzzle me! I'm super Cuddly ❤️
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
Smiles all around! Who is down to teach newbies?
« on: May 16, 2018, 04:31:31 am »
Hey fellas! I been seeing a lotta confused new people coming in like baby boomers! I been swinging by to give them some help and explaining how it is necessary to mod/add markings/items to the game and that its not a form of hacking along with learning to ropes of this game as well! Anyone down to help me help the new recruits! I would really appreciate it! If you have the patience, you can easily give the person a quick cram course on the game and thats it ^_^

~Sensei Rei K

Offline OnionKnight

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Mulligan is my boi <3
    • OnionKnightly
    • View Profile
    • Deliverance
Re: Smiles all around! Who is down to teach newbies?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2018, 06:26:49 pm »
I've had some free time and I'd love to create a "Beginner's Guide" maybe : ) I'll get down to that. I do wonder if one has already been made, though. If anyone knows lmk!

Profile gif [c] TheSpookyWolf
Signature art [c] Kr00bs

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2018, 07:21:06 pm »
I've had some free time and I'd love to create a "Beginner's Guide" maybe : ) I'll get down to that. I do wonder if one has already been made, though. If anyone knows lmk!

We do have the manual but it seems no one is going to that ;u; ))
  But i looked through the manual and it spoke nothing about how to get to the files. in deep detail.
And no info of the necessity of mods.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 07:51:42 pm »
I've thought about making a FAQ and guide post for new players, so I might work on that soon!

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 12:18:25 am »
@A.P.S. and @OnionKnight
 When making a guide, best have THREE VERSIONS! Because we got players running on three types of Operating Softwares."Macintosh OS X" | "Windows PC" | "Linux" .
      So best to have a guide for each of these realms Cause I'm constantly working with PC users while i myself don't own a PC anymore but run on a mac. ;u; so its a bit troublesome.

Just a heads up

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2018, 01:32:19 am »
@A.P.S. and @OnionKnight
 When making a guide, best have THREE VERSIONS! Because we got players running on three types of Operating Softwares."Macintosh OS X" | "Windows PC" | "Linux" .
      So best to have a guide for each of these realms Cause I'm constantly working with PC users while i myself don't own a PC anymore but run on a mac. ;u; so its a bit troublesome.

Just a heads up

I have Windows and don't know much about Mac and nothing about Linux. D: I'm working on a Windows one right now though, and it's not just exactly for complete beginners but also for those with common problems and such, but is mostly directed to new people.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2018, 04:48:47 am »
Moving this topic over to the Game Discussion board, as the content is still related to FeralHeart. The off topic Discussion board is best for non-FH related threads. ^^

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2018, 05:04:58 am »
@A.P.S. and @OnionKnight

Just a heads up

I have Windows and don't know much about Mac and nothing about Linux. D: I'm working on a Windows one right now though, and it's not just exactly for complete beginners but also for those with common problems and such, but is mostly directed to new people.

Alright  when you're done send me a copy and ill transcribe it for Mac users. :)

Offline SenseiRei

• Dedicated Supporter
    • royaldog12
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2018, 05:07:02 am »
I am as well constructing "Starter Kits" for the beginners. They will already have stuff such as the markings, items, CFG files, and some treats to go along with it such as colored textures and what not.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2018, 06:34:32 am »
@A.P.S. and @OnionKnight

Just a heads up

Alright  when you're done send me a copy and ill transcribe it for Mac users. :)

https://feral-heart.com/smf/index.php?topic=63756.0;topicseen As said in one of the replies, I'll be doing the CFGs soon if I can.