Author Topic: What exactly makes this game so irresistible to you?  (Read 3698 times)

Offline Azurain

• 🍃🍃🍃🍃🍃
  • Member Of The Season
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 183
  • an actual forest gremlin
    • lark-bird
    • View Profile
What exactly makes this game so irresistible to you?
« on: June 06, 2018, 05:19:20 pm »
Something I have been turning over in my head the last month of my absence from here. Even after all the bad stuff that happened to me, all the distrust and ridicule thrown at me, I still miss it and want to come back. Am I the only one that feels this way?And why do you feel that way?

The reason I keep coming back despite my many attempts to leave (not saying I'm coming back, I just posted this out of curiosity) is because I have many good memories here. I met the love of my life here, met many friends that I still have to this day. But the bad almost outweighs the good. In my caring for this game, I've been hurt, I've lost friends, and now everyone basically just thinks I'm an aggressive person that is nutso and an attention seeker. But for some reason I still find myself drifting around and watching and just wanting to come back....

It's odd to come back to a place you're not appreciated and you're not even liked. Most of my friends hardly even play anymore so why do I come back? No idea. I'm still trying to figure that out.

So what keeps you coming to FeralHeart?

wolfdog01

Re: What exactly makes this game so irresistible to you?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 05:36:30 pm »
I played this game a long time ago, I joined in 2012 and played for a good few years. Then life got to me and I started college. I thought about FH from time to time but I never thought about coming back. But a while back ago I came here to delete my account, but I realized I couldn't. I've made lot of friends and memories on here too, I can't just erase it all even if not many of my old friends still play it anymore. I got in game once since then and I want to go back in but again, I've gotten distracted. This game is like a tattoo you get when you're young and you begin to wonder why you got it when you're older. But then you remember how excited you were when you got it and what it meant to you, so you can't bring yourself to really want to remove it. I keep getting pulled to this place because all of my OCs were made on here. I learned to rp and I still do to this day with a best friend who also enjoyed this game. My mindset was that if I can't make a character on FH then I won't make it, this place was the birth of my whole rp life. I wish they had an app for the forums so I could keep up a bit better.
I will say I kinda hate how they changed some markings, had to redo some of my character refs lol
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 05:38:16 pm by wolfdog01 »

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 06:34:35 pm »
The pure reason of Nostalgia. I practically grew up with this game. First joined in 2012 when
I was just 11...I'm 17 now. I have a lot of good memories of sneaking onto my Grandparent's computer to play this game all
night long. Although FeralHeart became a bit boring to me. The charm and nostalgia will forever stay.

Offline LovestruckWitch

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • OpheOkt is my lifeblood.
    • View Profile
    • The Headless One.
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 06:49:38 pm »
I don't usually post on the forums, but this post seemed far too interesting to ignore.
I considered quitting the game maybe...one or two months ago. But I couldn't bring myself to. I've met some amazing friends on here, two of which whom I have met offline. While I can admit that I've definitely lost a few, and that I seem to be not well-liked now (I can't show my face in local as certain characters in fear of getting noticed and "bullied" in a way), one of the two friends mentioned has helped me in ignoring them and making me feel better about myself.
And while this is a tad bit unrelated, I hope you find friends like I did and know that at least I don't see you as a nutso. I actually really wanted to get to know you, but it was my own fear keeping me from doing so.

Offline Kuri

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
  • Foreboding evil harmless kitten.
    • dumbstuff4friends
    • channel/UCo42jgbLvEzkofpOin0_a4A
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 09:11:51 pm »
Create stuff, meet new people, defiantly try to make new game modes with the limited resources. 
The Japanese concept of wabisabi:
The closest concept in english would be 'rustic'
They might have an old thing, one example is a favourite bowl or dish, it's broken, pieces are missing, why fix it?  With gold and pieces from other dishes?
"Because it was my favourite & I like it"

Offline Vwang

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 11:42:25 pm »
For me, it's usually because I love to make things on here (presets mostly, I try on maps but I usually leave them behind after a while) And sometimes run around the place, take screenshots, attempt at videos but then forget about it, depending on how much determination I have to finish it.
Also I won't forget the memories I made here, 2 Years 7 Months 17 Days 22 Hours 20 Minutes 39 Seconds ago this was where I technically met my "You have reached the end of the "I traced my speed draws and never told the viewers on youtube. I die a lot in roleplays" point" and turned into who I am now. If it weren't for this game, I would have been annoying, would still like TTG (yes I confessed that) and keep my mary sue alicorn oc, and would never meet friends that I am close to today.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:21:47 am by SoftPaws »

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2018, 04:15:56 am »
Nostalgia.

This game was here when I had nothing else to turn to. I met so many people and made a lot of memories. I've played for so long it kind of stuck on me. I've just passed my 7 year anniversary being on here.
These days have simmered down because fun roleplays are getting difficult to find imo. I usually find the same recycled groups that are hoping to be the next big thing and not much else. Despite this I still hang out on the game when I have free time.

Offline Valar.Morghulis

• “Sometimes before we can usher in the new, the old must be put to rest.“
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 115
  • The many-faced God.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 03:10:46 pm »
Interesting topic. It's hard to answer because not even I myself know the answer as to why am I so drawn to FeralHeart over and over again. I guess the main reason is boredom and liking how you can talk to people on here about literally anything. I never actually left the game, I just got busy with life and college. Not saying that I'm fully coming back now, but I might be more active. I love using the Forum. It's a place where YOU can help someone out and where you can answer different interesting topics. This Forum is like It's own Social Media site (which it is, but smaller one). I love the community in general and no matter where life takes me, even after years and years when I get older, I will ALWAYS come back here. No matter what. Even if I'm just curious to see who is running around, are there any new updates, what could I vote for if there are things to vote for, and many more stuff!

https://linktr.ee/Obsxura
Profile by Cittrus-fruit | Signature by Mistrel-Fox

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 05:29:53 pm »
What keeps me in FH is my friends, and the possibilities of customizing the game, and the ability to create robots.
I was brought here by looking for animal games in 2014, then brought back by the memories I had.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 05:31:47 pm by FlyingGrass »

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Lady_Alizarin

• ✨ Is a Slytherin ✨
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 122
  • ~ Inactive on the forums
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2018, 11:43:39 pm »
A very good question to ask.
I've been a member of Feral Heart since 2012. There have been times when I've wanted to give the game a break, or walk away. I've walked away once, but I found myself back here again. What keeps me here is my friends and our love of roleplaying and talking to one another. We've bonded over Feral Heart, and now we're bonding over other online games.
Roleplaying, character creating, story telling, and simple chatting has kept me on Feral Heart.
Inactive