Author Topic: Bad Connection/Can't Stay In!  (Read 2397 times)

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
Bad Connection/Can't Stay In!
« on: July 22, 2018, 03:11:31 am »
I don't know if it's my bad internet connection or game connection, but I keep looking at the internet, and it seems fine. But I can't even stay in maps for 5 seconds without losing connection! It's ruining my chances of roleplaying with my friends, and it's gotten so bad that one of my friends gave up and left! I am to the point of hitting the computer out of insanity because it won't let me roleplay! The login pages don't seem to be reloading themselves, but at one point, they were. Other times, they're not, and I STILL can't stay in the map! I'm in normal maps like Ficho or Cherika a lot. Please tell me WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?  >:(

Meet Chubster! © ChekachekaFisi/GigglesTheHyena
T.U.F.F. Puppy © Butch Hartman
What's up, y'all! T.U.F.F. Puppy Fan & Animal Lover here! Like This Adorable Genderless OC? Check out my deviantart! @AuBurneyTheHyena.deviantart.com/

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Connection/Can't Stay In!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 07:11:52 am »
Hello,
An old computer of mine used to kick me as it couldn't handle the load, I will tell you what worked for me at the time, hopefully it helps. At the login page for the game itself, there is the options tab.. click that, then click 'Video' and i switched that setting to OPENGL instead of DIRECT3D, and it seemed to work for me.

Now, another issue i had was with the login screen via the website. It would continue to log me out.
I found switching programs worked. (For example if using chrome to login via website, switch to windows explorer, and so on. Can't remember which one i was using at the time but i know switching fixed that issue.)

Really hope this helped!  ~Sincerely, Birdy
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 10:38:04 pm »
Hello,
An old computer of mine used to kick me as it couldn't handle the load, I will tell you what worked for me at the time, hopefully it helps. At the login page for the game itself, there is the options tab.. click that, then click 'Video' and i switched that setting to OPENGL instead of DIRECT3D, and it seemed to work for me.

Now, another issue i had was with the login screen via the website. It would continue to log me out.
I found switching programs worked. (For example if using chrome to login via website, switch to windows explorer, and so on. Can't remember which one i was using at the time but i know switching fixed that issue.)

Really hope this helped!  ~Sincerely, Birdy

This is actually dealing with the in-game connection, not the laptop itself. The problem is that whenever I'm in the game for at least 1 second of try to get in, I get "Reconnecting" and "Failed to Connect to Map Server", or at the login screen, I get "Failed to Connect to Main Server". Half of the time, I can't even get into any maps because it gives me that same stupid message, and my internet seems perfectly fine.

What's up, y'all! T.U.F.F. Puppy Fan & Animal Lover here! Like This Adorable Genderless OC? Check out my deviantart! @AuBurneyTheHyena.deviantart.com/

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 10:56:06 pm »
Make sure to not minimize your browser (minimized browsers may cause the login tab to log you out)
Clear caches/history
Enable cookies
Disable proxies
Try another browser
Restart your router
Farewell everyone<3

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2018, 04:03:20 am »
Thank you all for the advice. My connection has suddenly started acting better. Maybe the server was just overloaded or something that day, idk...

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 05:11:45 am »
Nope. It tricked me. Connection, that son of a.... Anyways, I made sure of all the above advice, but no dice! I'm still having the same problem.

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2018, 07:57:13 pm »
I may have to leave FH :( My connection won't let me stay in the game anymore! IT JUST TOOK FH FROM ME! D;

Offline BirdyBlu

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • `Snuggle Puddle`
    • Ally Nice
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2018, 06:35:27 pm »
I would try to turn the internet off of any device's not in use. :) Perhaps this will help. Xbox, playstation, all that big stuff used to cause my connection to be bad on our old network.
.: Birdy Blu is just for You! :.

Signature image by @Pocketmutt

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2018, 09:50:07 pm »
ok. I'll try it.

Offline GigglesTheHyena

• AuBurneyTheHyena
    • GigglesTheHyena
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2018, 01:59:26 am »
I tried, but the stupid connection is STILL kicking me!