Author Topic: Character Spawn  (Read 1031 times)

Offline EuchadraMelech

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Your local artist and animator.
    • https://www.deviantart.com/echot
    • Euchadra Melech
    • View Profile
Character Spawn
« on: September 08, 2018, 07:28:31 pm »
Hello hello! I need some help.
I have a problem that my character doesn't spawn in where I want it to.
I put the Arrival Yaw near the portal, I just keep spawning in a corner.

Here's an example picture of what I mean:
https://www.deviantart.com/echotekdog/art/Help-FeralHeart-Character-Spawn-763136666?ga_submit_new=10%3A1536434685
huh.mp3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
Re: Character Spawn
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 07:42:50 pm »
The Arrival Yaw is just the rotation that the character spawns in the map in degrees. You'll have to place the destination position (XYZ) of the portal/gate in the location you are wanting to get your character to spawn in the right location.

This is what I do to get that spawn position accurate:
Grab a small object from the object group lists. It could be anything, it doesn't really matter, but a rock might be the easiest to visualize. Move it to where you want the character to spawn in at.
Go to the 'Controls' tab while the object is still selected and make note of the X, Y, and Z positions. You can either write them down or screenshot it and open the picture, whichever is easier for you ^^
After you have the coordinates jotted down, delete the object you placed down.
If it's a portal to and from the Cape, you will need to change the Destination Position  (XYZ) under the 'Map' tab.
If it is a gate you are working with between two maps that are your own, you will need to edit the Destination Position (XYZ) under the 'Objects' tab. If you're working with a gate, make sure it is selected by selecting the Gate type under the 'Controls' tab and then going back to the 'Objects' tab to adjust the position
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 07:44:25 pm by Morgra »
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.

Offline EuchadraMelech

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
  • Your local artist and animator.
    • https://www.deviantart.com/echot
    • Euchadra Melech
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2018, 05:57:36 pm »
The Arrival Yaw is just the rotation that the character spawns in the map in degrees. You'll have to place the destination position (XYZ) of the portal/gate in the location you are wanting to get your character to spawn in the right location.

This is what I do to get that spawn position accurate:
Grab a small object from the object group lists. It could be anything, it doesn't really matter, but a rock might be the easiest to visualize. Move it to where you want the character to spawn in at.
Go to the 'Controls' tab while the object is still selected and make note of the X, Y, and Z positions. You can either write them down or screenshot it and open the picture, whichever is easier for you ^^
After you have the coordinates jotted down, delete the object you placed down.
If it's a portal to and from the Cape, you will need to change the Destination Position  (XYZ) under the 'Map' tab.
If it is a gate you are working with between two maps that are your own, you will need to edit the Destination Position (XYZ) under the 'Objects' tab. If you're working with a gate, make sure it is selected by selecting the Gate type under the 'Controls' tab and then going back to the 'Objects' tab to adjust the position

I keep trying that but I always end up spawning near the corner.
huh.mp3

Offline Morgra

• I don't like sand...
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 347
  • Ever been killed by a spider? I was
    • DinksterDaily
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2018, 03:56:11 am »
Hmm, if you're testing it ingame, would it be that you might have an older version of the map exported in your exports folder? It would be a ".fhm" file if it was exported. If you haven't exported your map since making those changes and go online to test portal positioning, it's probably reading from the old exported version instead of your map maker's map file ^^

Just a thought. Hopefully this might be a solution!
Profile pic by Edolicious

People don't think the universe be like it is, but it do.