Author Topic: Presets on the Server?  (Read 74240 times)

Gatohawk97

Re: Presets on the Server?
« Reply #160 on: January 31, 2011, 01:27:50 am »
As long as this does not bother those who do not really want presets I'm fine with what ever you do
as long as the game it's self is free...

12dollars

« Reply #161 on: January 31, 2011, 04:58:52 am »
Now thinking about it, I dont think I would mind paying for mine to be on the server. I spent a lot of time and effort making my presets.

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 31, 2011, 07:38:03 am »
No, this does not effect people who do not want presets. It's only for those who want their preset to be seen by everyone. But you can still use a preset without everyone seeing it, only you and your friends.

Offline Ziel

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • The Small Smilodon
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 31, 2011, 07:53:52 pm »
The only thing is, some friends... though "friends", might turn and back stab you, stealing your preset if you give them the file.

So unless you trust them 100%, then it might be wiser to pay for it to be put on the server if you don't want your work stolen.

Offline Shaibelle

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • *smile though your heart is aching*
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #164 on: January 31, 2011, 09:21:40 pm »
I just make presets for myself to mess around with. = D no problems on my part if everyone else just sees a white blur. And as it's been said, we can always share the files with our friends so they can see it too.

Anyway- it's whatever the respective owners/creators (etc) want to do. ^_^;
The colors of my life are bountiful and bold~

weylin

« Reply #165 on: February 01, 2011, 11:01:16 am »
This isn't a commercial game, your payment to have a preset visible to all is just to cover the bandwidth cost of distributing to the possibly thousands of users that will be needing to download it on their computer.

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2011, 04:38:36 pm »
You don't need to send the actual file to your friends, there's a code they can enter as far as I remember, with the username_preset# sort of thing... I think. XD

aliki

« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2011, 09:09:33 pm »
please please i cant custimize my char..... its white and  the colors dont work...i just got a new pc for x mas and it wont work.. i have tried everything... please fix this.

Offline Painful

• Experienced Traveler
    • vencentio
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: February 01, 2011, 09:44:31 pm »
Well, first of all questions about this shouldn't be asked here. Go to the help board.
And secondly, it could be you have to redownload it. But check around on the help board, there should be something there.

FadedTimes

« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2011, 03:41:16 am »
Well im fine with that, I was thinking of doing presets, but I just dont have the money to put up on server, even for a super low price. Im quite happy with the options we already have to make our characters, I dont get why people are complaining when the game is free anyway. Presets are just an option, doesnt mean someone is better than you.