Author Topic: Presets on the Server?  (Read 75485 times)

Offline kvcole

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I eat chu :3
    • View Profile
Re: Presets on the Server?
« Reply #100 on: January 14, 2011, 08:16:47 pm »
Yes it is. It's the coustomised markings that arn't.
If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.

Click 'em :3
 You know you want too~

Twiliac

« Reply #101 on: January 15, 2011, 12:55:03 am »
Game = Free.

Presets = Have to pay for.

Offline GaaraRocks!

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 26
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 15, 2011, 01:31:39 am »
presets actually have come in handy. Put it this way. i have a character that has different color markings now kov only let the players choose 1 color for all markings from head to tail. Well my preset has a mixture of colors for the markings. If i stuck with the markings kov give us i wouldnt have much freedom to create a character that i wanted. So imagine having the head marking dark red and the back marking grey. Thats whats good about the presets. There isnt much creativity without the presets.
But still when the game comes out im just going to send the presets to friends. That way it wont take space on the server or anything.

Offline Eclipse!

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • I like food
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 15, 2011, 12:38:30 pm »
Im not to bothered with presets xD I cant get the hang of making one! :)

VictoryStar

« Reply #104 on: January 15, 2011, 03:16:54 pm »
Hmmm.... I'm sure many players would like this feature, though I don't see why we couldn't just upload our presets to the site for others so they could see. Even though there's the possibility they could steal it... I would much rather that happen then having to pay. But maybe it's just me.

Offline dragoness123

• Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • RAWR!
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #105 on: January 15, 2011, 05:37:35 pm »
i say NO to paying for presets its just not worth it i would just pay for something else that makes more sense to pay for. this is not an offencive reply its just my opinion, but it is not a good idea to pay for something to show ppl for like what 2 minutes? just not worth it.

sorry KovuLKD it just dosent make sense. :(
Draw me like one of your french girls. ;)

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 15, 2011, 05:55:36 pm »
Hang on, I don't think Tig stated this. (If he did, then don't mind this.) But, how will the subscriptions work? Will it be that if you pay once it's permanent? Or will you have to renew it? I'm willing to pay for presets, I think this is actually a great addition to help out paying for the server. I just wanna know how it will work so I can be sure to have a payment schedule planned out.

Offline Sarabi97

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Well, hi der :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 15, 2011, 07:21:20 pm »
I'm totally dying to play this game with other people! PLEASE, get the game to work asap!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Offline Sarabi97

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Well, hi der :3
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 15, 2011, 07:51:26 pm »
Everyone, I think what's already in the Character Edit is already pretty good...for now. There is already a decent variety of Body/Head/Tail marking to choose from. Like someone else said before, I think presets should be put off, right now, and we need to try and figure out how to get the front server/multiplayer up and running again (If we already KNOW how to get it working again, then that should be worked on first, before the presets).  ;)
Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.

Offline RedWine

• Floof-O-Meter: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 15, 2011, 08:08:06 pm »
I personally understand that it would cost a lot to place and send information on the server. :0
I don't mind really, though I was hoping other wise for presets. But paying would be fine with me.

... Do you guys take donations?(random question)

Also, do you think a physical computer server would help out? I mean, maybe it wouldn't cost so much.
I have one of my own and my brothers and I would sometimes use it to play our own games with our cousins across the valley. : D

That way you don't have to pay a fee for hosting the game on someone else's server... but you'd still have to pay the power bill. xD;