Author Topic: Creating Custom Weather Help - Particles?  (Read 752 times)

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
Creating Custom Weather Help - Particles?
« on: November 09, 2018, 08:21:06 am »
I'm creating a large, arctic wilderness map, for myself and a friend. We fiddled with the sandstorm settings in sky maker, and decided it would make for a good blizzard.

I opened the Sandstorm particle in GIMP, edited the color specks so they were white (or nearly white), saved as .PNG, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to load it into FH.

Long Live the Empire!

Icon Base © SqdPixl on deviantArt

Offline Nawazish

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 10
  • The lonely god
    • annu-adopts
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Custom Weather Help - Particles?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 04:00:03 pm »
I'm creating a large, arctic wilderness map, for myself and a friend. We fiddled with the sandstorm settings in sky maker, and decided it would make for a good blizzard.

I opened the Sandstorm particle in GIMP, edited the color specks so they were white (or nearly white), saved as .PNG, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to load it into FH.

Hello!
I think I can help you c:
Now, when in your map, find the place where you can wite your weather, usually near music and sky if I'm right.
You have to type the file.

As an example, I create a new file and called it SandSnow.weather
I'll have to write it exactly like it for it to work. Know you wont see if it work unles you press test in your game and wait until it start.

Offline VioletCyrodiil

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Sweetroll Connoisseur
    • VioletCyrodiil
    • View Profile
Re: Creating Custom Weather Help - Particles?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2018, 12:26:54 am »
The problem I'm having is actually creating the weather. I want to create a new weather called Snowstorm, but it says it cannot find the particle I'm trying to load.

Long Live the Empire!

Icon Base © SqdPixl on deviantArt