Author Topic: HIGHWAY 550 - Unique Stray RP  (Read 146 times)

Offline leda

• Floof-O-Meter: 20
  • leedle lee my dudes
    • https://rookfox.deviantart.com
    • View Profile
HIGHWAY 550 - Unique Stray RP
« on: January 10, 2019, 05:52:48 pm »
(this RP is in fact los sabuesos, we took a short hiatus to revamp, reorganize, and over all just run better!)

In the desert lay a pack known as Los Sabuesos.  Started long ago by a dog who was abandoned by his Upwalkers and rejected his wildborn brothers, the lobos, Los Sabuesos has since been a widespread story among dogs.  Their stories tell of the great El Viejo, the first leader, and how he started the pack and enforced a law.  How the pack still carries on El Viejo's legacy among the desert.  How, if you follow the endless road of Highway 500 towards the great Northern mountains of the desert, perhaps you can find them... and how if you do, then they will serve you and take you in, and they will hunt for you and care for you, but only if you are willing to do the very same for them.
Many believe the stories to be all but myth.  But some dogs come from horrid places, like pits and mills, where the hopeful stories of the pack of old is all they had to keep them going, to keep their fight in them raging.

Pack members come from all different wakes of life, from packborn, to cattle-guardians, to sled-dogs, to ratting dogs, to search-and-rescue dogs.  They live under the code of El Viejo, which states there is no breed, no other blood but the blood of a Sabueso.  Many dog's stories begins at the Highway 550, where the pack patrols each day in search of both food, and new blood.

But lately, the pack hasn't exactly lived up to it's stories...  a great and unforeseen horror has fallen upon them.  Something, or rather someone, in the pack has cruel and awful intentions.  Four pack members have been killed, and all signs trace back to only one possibility; a fellow pack member has taken their lives.
Recently, an australian shepherd known as Mariana was found to have partial responsibility, but she seems to be covering for someone.  Tension rises in the pack as they wonder who could be next, or when.  Or why, why a hound would commit such acts of treachery.
Although Mariana was sent to live a life of exile among Rabid Ridge, the pack grows cold over her last words of departure,
"Something bigger is coming, you'll see."
These acts have caused a rift among pack members, for they're fearful and blameful.  Some believe their leader is to blame for the pack's lack of safety.  Some believe the disloyal are equal to that of an unlawful.  Some have their suspicions of pack members that were once their closest friends, their brothers and sisters.
And all wonder what Mariana's words meant, and what truly awaits them and the future of their once beloved pack.

In these times, the future of this near legendary pack seems to be broken and lost.  They will need only the strongest, the most driven, the most loyal to help them remain in unison during these times.  They need only true Sabuesos.

HIGHWAY 550 offers you a few cool factors.
- SEMI-REALISM. Dog characters are required to act and look like normal dogs.  The only unrealistic thing about your character should be their eye color.  However, we are semi-realistic in that the plot of course wouldn't happen to real dogs, nor would the pack lore that the pack has worked to form.

- LITERACY.  We are literate, but we do not require RP samples.  We allow people willing to improve, learn, and take tips.  But the end goal is to write with detail, grammar, and decent length.

- BEAUTIFUL MAP/S.  We have a high realism map pack with custom textures, from the ground to the plants, to the abandoned ranch that the pack seeks shelter in.  It's detailed, but it comes with lag adjustable formats for older computers!

- A DRAMA-FILLED PLOT.  Lots of action happens in our plot.  We don't have any plot happenings take place unless they're scheduled events, this offers two cool factors; 1, people are able to plan for it if they wish to come, and 2, we can have more casual role play in between these scheduled plot events that let things cool down and not be TOO drama-filled.  An additional detail, the staff work together to write the plot outline, but the ultimate direction of it depends solely on how our members choose to handle it.  They- or you- will be given choices as plot events happen.

- NO-STRESS ACTIVITY.  We are on pretty much every day to every other day, however you will never be required to get online unless you wish to.  We base plot events on the majority of our community's activity so that you aren't missing too much.  During times like exam season or just when a lot of the community is busy, we do put some things on hold so that you aren't stressed or feel like you're missing the plot.

- UNIQUE LORE.  We have specifically written lore for our pack role play.  You can choose to read about it, or you can choose to learn about it through just interacting with other dogs in the pack.  It's entirely up to you how you learn about the pack.  But if you'd like to dip your toe into it, then here is a link to our lore and guidebook!  https://straydogrp.wixsite.com/highway550

READY TO SERVE THE PACK AS A TRUE SABUESO?  TO WITHSTAND THE NEW MEXICAN DESERT?

join our discord !  https://discordapp.com/invite/WAAwaps and see the getting-started category upon joining!
add in game user sparecuchie , which is our recruiter account, and send a request!  All you need to join is a realistic dog character!
I didn't wanna input the giant pic here, but if you'd like to view our dA advertisement with lots of map previews, see here!
https://www.deviantart.com/rookfox/art/Highway-550-FH-Stray-RP-778259391

Lastly, I leave you with some map previews in hopes of further convincing you how cool this gosh dang RP can be

the cooler screenshots were taken by user LochFenrir !

El Viejo hill.  A single volcanic stone is scratched and marked, it's believed this is where he is buried...

Yev the Borzoi found dead at the pack's home of Shantyplace, an abandoned ranch.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2019, 08:52:47 pm by leda »
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline leda

• leedle lee my dudes
    • View Profile
Re: HIGHWAY 550 - Unique Stray RP
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 04:17:57 am »
added more map previews !
find me in game as user leda, or see my feral heart dA, rookfox.deviantart.com !

Offline leda

• leedle lee my dudes
    • View Profile
Re: HIGHWAY 550 - Unique Stray RP
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 06:52:01 am »
just added some cool new screenshots!  Our closing plot to Chapter One takes place on Friday evening, so catch us before then and be there for the start of it all, the end of the beginning !