Author Topic: Has FH ever done this to anyone else?  (Read 1396 times)

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
Has FH ever done this to anyone else?
« on: March 24, 2019, 03:52:32 am »
As of a week ago my PC does this when I attempt to play FH. https://sta.sh/01nquzk6fadg

It is no longer playable because it freezes the whole PC and I have to hold the power button down. I've tried windowed mode, full screen, OpenGL or DirectX. I don't know why it does this as it's never done it before. It does it, it seems randomly. It won't do it if I leave it on for 5-10 minutes, but I noticed it crashes somewhere between 30minutes to an hour. No way to exist out besides force shutting the PC.

Help? I am presuming it's something with the computer itself. I will be replacing my PC soon anyways so I am assuming it's just my PC being old and -Removed by moderator-. Just wanted to know if it's ever done this to anyone else.
I have a windows vista slimline, 3GB service pack 1 if that helps. I don't know if it does because, as I said, it never did this before and nothing had changed to cause it. I presume >:( it is just old.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 04:00:21 am by Kerriki »

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Re: Has FH ever done this to anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 04:00:42 am »
Does your computer do this with other games you have, or only FH?
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Astraea

• ❤ Positivity ❤
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 186
  • previously esarosa
    • Esar0sa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 04:01:48 am »
I have never personally heard of this problem or had this problem. I do suggest giving FeralHeart a full uninstall (deleting the main folder as well) and installing it again afterwards. That is the magical fix for a lot of problems and seeing how you have tried other common fixes, this is my suggestion. I'd assume it is your graphic card going or simply your computer software being old. Best of luck! <3
not active here anymore ♡

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2019, 04:18:50 am »
Hello, Vidathelion, I have never seen anything like that relating to Feralheart, but I am about 80% sure that has to do with your computer's graphics card/GPU. If you have already reinstalled with no luck, I'd recommend the following.

Considering you are replacing your computer soon, I would personally just wait it out until you can install FH cleanly on the new computer. Still, if you would like to attempt fixing it, I can point you in several directions. Of course, understand that the following has the possibility to be a detriment to your computer considering its operating system and age. Make sure to do research on your computer's hardware before following through with anything.

1. Depending on the computer model, I would check out hardware scanners that would automatically determine what hardware/software updates your computer may take (BIOS, GPU, etc.). For example, I usually check around Dell's Diagnostic Tool for my Dell desktop and update certain things through there: https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/quicktest.

2. Ask around forums related to updating your computer. I personally would even check out subreddits related to computers. There are a lot of resources you could take a look at, and if you would like me to send you some, please let me know!

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2019, 04:55:22 am »
woah that.. is very unusual

best bet is that feralheart has become too strong for your computers memory, meaning it takes too much for your computer to handle. could also be the graphics card lagging/crashing due to the glitchy screen. i recommend attempting to play completely vanilla (without any mods or packs), turning off water reflection, and shrink the viewing distance if you can. play in directX because that's a native windows application. kind of advanced but run FH with the task manager running to track your memory usage.

look through the control panel and find the names and versions of your drivers and look them up online. diagnosing though windows troubleshooter as it may suggest is probably not going to work since vista isn't supported anymore.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 05:03:23 am by WolfQueen »

Offline FlyingGrass

• ~🛠 The avant-garde doctor of mechanical beings. 🔧 🔬
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
    • FlyingGrass
    • channel/UCA7RfqQ1KLl4s8JhxIXNs_Q
    • View Profile
    • Mechanicafeles Discord link
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2019, 04:58:41 am »
I had a freezing problem on my old Windows10 PC built in 2014, each time the PC froze I had to hold the power button to reboot it, the motherboard could hardly read the harddrive and that caused some programs to freeze the moment I opened them, as well as one(Sometimes two) random freeze each day.

Do those freezes happen at random as well? Does your PC freeze even when it's idling? And do other programs cause instant freezing?

Use a diagnostic tool to scan your harddrive, and if it shows up problem-free then it may be the motherboard or the things everyone else has mentioned it could be.

I don't know how to fix it, but you can still try to diagnose it if you're curious as to what it could be.

My presets.

Good things take time, so I'll take an eternity and create something so good that the human brain can't handle the sheer goodness of it.

Offline Vilivikhorith

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • \n\n\n\n
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2019, 06:20:24 am »
That image is full of GPU artifacts. The RAM on your GPU is probably no good. Sometimes the memory on your GPU goes bad. You'll probably have to replace it, if you're on a laptop that probably won't be an option. If other games do this or your desktop gets filled with garbage on screen, you can be positive that's the problem.

Offline Vidathelion

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • www.deviantart.com/cynde
    • www.youtube.com/channel/UC90KdyZ
    • http://feebleturtleduck-artz.tum
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2019, 06:32:34 am »
Does your computer do this with other games you have, or only FH?
Feral Heart only. It's never done this ever.

I have never personally heard of this problem or had this problem. I do suggest giving FeralHeart a full uninstall (deleting the main folder as well) and installing it again afterwards. That is the magical fix for a lot of problems and seeing how you have tried other common fixes, this is my suggestion. I'd assume it is your graphic card going or simply your computer software being old. Best of luck! <3
I might try that, but I just assume my PC is getting old 8/ it is a 2010 model slimline, and a vista... I might just wait for the new one.

Hello, Vidathelion, I have never seen anything like that relating to Feralheart, but I am about 80% sure that has to do with your computer's graphics card/GPU. If you have already reinstalled with no luck, I'd recommend the following.

Considering you are replacing your computer soon, I would personally just wait it out until you can install FH cleanly on the new computer. Still, if you would like to attempt fixing it, I can point you in several directions. Of course, understand that the following has the possibility to be a detriment to your computer considering its operating system and age. Make sure to do research on your computer's hardware before following through with anything.

1. Depending on the computer model, I would check out hardware scanners that would automatically determine what hardware/software updates your computer may take (BIOS, GPU, etc.). For example, I usually check around Dell's Diagnostic Tool for my Dell desktop and update certain things through there: https://www.dell.com/support/home/ca/en/cabsdt1/quicktest.

2. Ask around forums related to updating your computer. I personally would even check out subreddits related to computers. There are a lot of resources you could take a look at, and if you would like me to send you some, please let me know!
Yea, one of my friends thinks it's that too. Even if I wanted too I don't believe I could physically replace the CPU or ram(card?) on this PC. It's old and the slimline model doesn't seem to allow any upgrades(I don't know how too anyways...) I think I will just wait for the new one. But thank you for the advice:D!

woah that.. is very unusual

best bet is that feralheart has become too strong for your computers memory, meaning it takes too much for your computer to handle. could also be the graphics card lagging/crashing due to the glitchy screen. i recommend attempting to play completely vanilla (without any mods or packs), turning off water reflection, and shrink the viewing distance if you can. play in directX because that's a native windows application. kind of advanced but run FH with the task manager running to track your memory usage.

look through the control panel and find the names and versions of your drivers and look them up online. diagnosing though windows troubleshooter as it may suggest is probably not going to work since vista isn't supported anymore.
One of my friends suggested cleaning out space on my PC, I cleared out 4gbs which left me with, well, 4gb of space open(I have a bunch of files on this old PC) and that seemed to stop it from crashing. But I didn't test it very long and honestly I can't micro manage my space on this old Pc as that would be very difficult to keep it at 4GBS since I do commissions from this PC and have to constantly have PS files on it. I think I'll just wait for the new one :/ It seemed Ok at 4GBS open but when it got to 2 it started lagging, my PC got hot and the screen thing happened. I guess my PC is just old.

I had a freezing problem on my old Windows10 PC built in 2014, each time the PC froze I had to hold the power button to reboot it, the motherboard could hardly read the harddrive and that caused some programs to freeze the moment I opened them, as well as one(Sometimes two) random freeze each day.

Do those freezes happen at random as well? Does your PC freeze even when it's idling? And do other programs cause instant freezing?

Use a diagnostic tool to scan your harddrive, and if it shows up problem-free then it may be the motherboard or the things everyone else has mentioned it could be.

I don't know how to fix it, but you can still try to diagnose it if you're curious as to what it could be.
No they never happen unless I am playing FH. This has never happened in my PCs entire life-span so far(it's over nine years old lol). I just assume it's very old and it's not good to begin with.  I think I'll just wait for the new one, but scanning the hard drive would be interesting just to see what shows up aha. Thanks for the comment and advice!

That image is full of GPU artifacts. The RAM on your GPU is probably no good. Sometimes the memory on your GPU goes bad. You'll probably have to replace it, if you're on a laptop that probably won't be an option. If other games do this or your desktop gets filled with garbage on screen, you can be positive that's the problem.
I'm on a very old slimline desktop with windows vista, unfortunately even if I wanted too and knew how I don't think there's any upgrading this PC. It's pretty old and the model doesn't allow much upgrading if any... I will just wait for the replacement :c thanks for the help!