Author Topic: ideas-> chat, friends list  (Read 2567 times)

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
ideas-> chat, friends list
« on: May 20, 2011, 06:02:18 pm »
ive got a few ideas here regarding the chat, and some other minor things. maybe they would be more work but... its just an idea... ideas i got when playing other games.
okay lets list them, shall we:

1. notes at friends list: i dont know about you guys, but... sometimes i look at my friends list and its full with names i dont recognize.. i dont know where i met them, and im really not going to ask all of these ppl who they are and what rp we seen each other because im sure in 90% of these situations they wouldnt even know who I am.
So my idea: we should be able to write notes at the friends list. we could have an option to add additional details... like: rp title.. or character name so we dont forget.
2. "world chat": Its a bit annoying and time consuming that if i want to look for a RP, i have to go around all the maps and use the general chat everywhere... wouldnt it be much more comfortable if we just wrote on a chat type and everyone on every public map could see that? i guess it would. But of course there is the problem of ppl spamming it with non-FH related stuff. This chat could be only used for advertising rps/packs/prides and ppl can use it who are looking for these. Spam would be punished. (of course this would mean more work for the mods.... but maybe a few more mods could be on the maps then.)
3. "Chat History": well.. it could mean 2 things...
a) being able to look at the chat history pressing a button. Many times because of others spamming the chats im left behind in rps or in my own conversations. It would come in handy.
b) being able to send messages on the chat we posted earlier. Nothing is more annoying then when you are advertising a RP or something, and you have to write in the same thing over and over again... My idea would be: being able to use the text we sent earlier.... like, you click on the chat box, and instead writing inside something you press... lets see... the up arrow key, and the text you posted before appears. pressing it again, and the text even before that appears. pressing enter will post that message.
4. Names of friends on maps: its kinda confusing to have millions of dots on the map, and you dont know who where is? My idea would be: when you hover the mouse above a dot on the minimap, the name(user or character) of the said person would appear. No more confusion on where anyone of your friends is.

so what you guys think?

(sorry if some were suggested already.. i looked at the first page only of this forum section.)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2011, 04:25:14 pm by Gargantor »

Offline EssenceOfShadow

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: -1
    • View Profile
Re: ideas-> chat, friends list
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 02:12:12 am »
<333 THESE IDEAS. Especialy the last one. I would LOVE THAT!  These suggestions are great :3

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 04:25:32 pm »
bump because list updated.

Offline Wolfwing104

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Find me ingame with the username Wolfwing104
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 04:38:04 pm »
I love all of these. :3

But I'm not so sure I fully agree with number two.... :/

Offline Sylph

• ? Ninja Time ?
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 136
    • View Profile
    • DrA
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 04:49:53 pm »
I like the notes on friends list. C: I don't know most people on mine either because they have different names than on the forums, or elsewhere. xD

The names of friends on maps is a neat idea, except it's not too much a hassle to just click 'find' on friends online. ^^

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 12:56:26 am »
Ideas 1, 2, and 4 ftw. :D
I'm not sure I understand idea 3, so I can't say anything. xD

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 12:14:02 pm »
I like the notes on friends list. C: I don't know most people on mine either because they have different names than on the forums, or elsewhere. xD

The names of friends on maps is a neat idea, except it's not too much a hassle to just click 'find' on friends online. ^^
i dont know, but when i click on it, first it did tell me which map they were on, but never which dot they are of the million on the minimap. lately it doesnt even tell me anymore which map they are on...

Ideas 1, 2, and 4 ftw. :D
I'm not sure I understand idea 3, so I can't say anything. xD
3 is basically about more chat options.
a. being able to see your chat history, so you dont get left behind if ppl are spamming(like... there is a pen icon next to the chat, and when you press it, it shows you what was said earier - after all the chatbox has such a sensitive scrollbar, you cant really look, this window however would be bigger, and wider)
b. being able to repost stuff we posted earier. so we dont have to rewrite it.