Author Topic: Okami Discussion Topic: Chibi's Father;  (Read 8579 times)

FirestarLuva

Okami Discussion Topic: Chibi's Father;
« on: June 05, 2011, 10:28:54 am »
So this is for all those who've played both Okami and Okamiden. *Ohhh I Love that game! XD*
Still haven't played Okamiden, but I'm really interested in Ammy's son Chibiterasu, so when I first found out about an Okami sequel and saw Chibiterasu, I was like "Ah, he's so cute" :D But then I was "Wait who's the father?" ;|
At first I thought it was Oki, but then I heard people talking about Waka and Issun. So I've opened this topic to discuss about it, just for fun, and for all those Ammy&Oki and Ammy&Waka fans, please no fighting, respect others opinions. I'm a Ammy&Oki fan, but I'll state my opinion on all three;

Oki
If I have to choose from all the male characters from Okami, one that would make the most sense to be Chibi's father, I'd pick Oki. Why? Well he and Ammy are both wolves, okay, Oki may be half-human, half-wolf but at least he's a wolf, right? XD He did save Ammy from a falling tree, and didn't let Ammy fight off the twin demons by herself. It could have been an interesting add to the story, If Ammy found love near the end, but I guess the creators decided to scratch that part. And Oki did seem kinda sad, if you go to talk to him, before the fight with Yami. Either way, this is my opinion, I'd like to hear your own :)

Waka - Well both he and Ammy did go to the Celestial Plain together, but from what I've seen I think that they just stayed as friends. And I'm not sure about the whole-Ammycanturnintoahumanwhenevershewantsto thing. In the game she is based on the Sun Goddes, by the same name, but that doesn't mean she can turn into a human. Even if she could, in the sequel, Waka has a son, Kurow, and there's a rumor that Kurow is Waka and Kaguya's son. Well, that makes sense, since they're both from the Moon Tribe.

Issun- Ehh, I'm only %5 sure on this. And I doubt the Lucky Mallet will help here XD I think both Ammy & Issun are great as only friends, and that's the way it should stay. Have nothing else to say here, though I'm really interested to see what you guys think about this couple. :)

TealSkeletore

Re: Okami Discussion Topic: Chibi's Father;
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:33:00 am »
Isn't Issun that bug thing? Lol xD

Zodiac

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 02:22:53 pm »
XD Issun isn't a bug. He's a...tiny thingy XD. I used to think he was a bug until the lucky mallet thingy.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 05:48:27 pm »
Lol, Issun is a Poncle. ;3 //Okaminerd. xD I have played through Okami way too much, and I've played through Okamiden like... 5 times already? And I have to say, I think that Oki's the father. Waka?... I just don't think so, seeing as Chibi is 100% wolf. xD
I'm pretty sure it's Oki.. but y'know, she was on the Celestial Plain. It could be another God for all we know. xD

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 06:02:33 pm »
  I think Ammy had herself a husband up there, you know? Who's to say she didn't have herself a man friend before the Okami game? My vote is on none of the above XD

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho

FirestarLuva

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »
In my opinion, it's either Oki or no one. I think Gods can reproduce by themselves, like plants. How do you think Bakugami had children. But I think it would've been interesting and make a lot of sense if Oki's the father. Both he and Ammy don't appear at all in Okamiden, while Waka and Issun do. I wish Clover could tell us the truth, even though half of the fans might be dissapointed. ;/

Maryritai

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 08:33:35 pm »
I actually It's either Oki or By Herself.
I mean, It makes Perfect Sense That It's Oki, He is a Half-Wolf/Half-Man and He doesn't actually appear in Okamiden.

But Also, Ammy could have just reproduced by herself, Since I think Gods have the power to do that.

Offline GemWolf

• Avani's Ninja Agent
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • play rain world
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2011, 08:39:03 pm »
Yeah, what DA said. Gods can reproduce on their own I believe... I think you two are right about that. xD
And just cause you said "Clover", I gotta say this: Clover didn't make Okamiden. They disbanded. Clover made Okami, but Capcom made Okamiden.

Offline okami129

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 29
  • Don't ever floof me! I hate floof, it's not a word
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2011, 08:50:16 pm »
If you played Okamiden at least a little then you'll know issun can't be the father. Reason is he asked chibi. "Wait a sec. If you're Ammy's son then who did she..." Yeah you know. So scratch issun out.

Oki or Waka. There's been a rumor about in a certain day in a year the okami gods turn human. So we all know Ammy went to the celestial plains with waka. There could be how that's possible. Because 1 she could of turned human for a day or two and 2 they left us without any idea of what they did next. You know what I mean. Anyway Oki... I must admit I understand the wolf part but the question is... when? Ideas could be when we pere put into the one place with the boat. (Not in the boat.) Or stuff like that. And another is he could have hitched a ride when the bridge was going out so everyone was distracted. So he could've hitched a ride or done something to get to the plains. But I don't quite know. It kinda makes more sense if you think of the Ammy+Waka. But wait! Wouldn't that make Chibi and Kurow brothers? This is very confusing even for me. But it matters more on when and how than anything else.

Also don't forget one of the canine warriors. I'm not going to do the how and when with them because my head hurts too much but I'm personally an Ammy+Tei or Ammy+Chu (aka hayabusa.) fan. So yeah.

The liar and the thief

FirestarLuva

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2011, 09:13:39 pm »
You do have a point about the how and where part.  But I don't think Ammy & Waka happened, cause Waka has a son and ppl say it's Waka & Kaguya's son. Uh, I don't know. I think if the creators have to choose, Ammy&Oki or Ammy&No one are the most possible, but how it happened remains a mystery. I doubt Oki hitched a ride in the Ark, cause near the end, you see him praying for Ammy at Ezofuji. Maybe something happened between them after the fight with Lechku and Nechku, depending on how much time has passed, or maybe Ammy visited the Land of Mortals after Okami, and she and Oki met.