Author Topic: meshes & Particles -Drek  (Read 63874 times)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: meshes & Particles -Drek
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 01:07:06 am »
so where do we download it from?
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Drekentai

« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2011, 07:11:27 am »
Maybe look on the first page where it says 'URL'
And downloading won't be of any use right now. For an update to everybody, I'm trying to see if I can't get something going for this.

Offline kyuubi1161

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 15
  • Nom nom nom <3 = 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2011, 08:29:50 pm »
I have read every post so far and i dont understand. are we allowed to use these in public maps or what? :D they are so awesome!!! <3
im back!

Drekentai

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2011, 05:36:37 pm »
I'm pretty sure it's not stated anywhere that you can't use them. It's simply a different method of providing them with the maps that use them. Giving a download URL instead of the files

freia99

« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2011, 05:49:18 pm »
wait so the objects aren't working and i keep getting orgre warnings and they keep saying mesh not found because the game is not updated? im really confused do i have to update my game to get the meshes? please im so confused what do i do?

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2011, 04:29:11 am »
Soo...um sorta confused here. How do we use them in maps? are they only for ur maps thats why u dont provide the mesh? I dont understand how to use them in my map if i cant even get them :c Hope ya fix em

Drekentai

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2011, 03:44:51 am »
Obviously FH will not be fixed for the issues any time soon. I modified the front page so the rules should be a lot clearer. A link to a new temporary exe. for working files will be up in a few moments as soon as it's uploaded. There's exporting issues with FH so PAY ATTENTION to the instructions on the front page or in the installer's agreement. They carry vital details so that your game will still work.

I'll post them here:

When you export, delete the two .fho files for my objects in exports folder, those fho files being called Drek Objects and Drek Particles. After that, go into media > objects > my_objects and delete all the .particle files with _0 at the end of the name.

The reason for doing those is this:
Duplicate particles and meshes = issues / FH will refuse to start and throw an OGRE error

If you don't delete the duplicate particle files and the fho files, your game will refuse to work, and I'm not being held at fault, these instructions are given for a reason.

So to summarize:

when exporting a map:
delete Drek Objects.fho and Drek Particles.fho from exports (if any)
Delete all duplicate particle files with _0 at the end of the name

As for the rules, same confusion keeps showing up. when you hand out your map, don't hand out the installer or the objects, hand out a link to the download for them. You can use them all you want, you just provide a download to them for others instead of direct files. It's safer and a different alternative.

Offline DarkmoonNight

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • ~WolfDark~ <-- mah user in game.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2011, 07:54:39 am »
Very nice!

Signature:
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBC code and smileys may be used in your signature.

Offline Ouuka

• Ramine's Nuudel
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 76
  • Burp
    • Blue-Rakuen
    • SliferBeau
    • View Profile
    • Blue-Rakuen DA
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2011, 01:15:51 am »
Ty drek, they work now, i knew i just needed the meshs for them to work on my maps. :) love em

Drekentai

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2011, 02:24:41 am »
The issue was that the FH update prevented use of FHO files even in map maker now instead of just object maker. I've tried seeing if I can't get mine implemented into the game but it obviously doesn't look like that would happen, so until then I have to resort to old school wide open and un-encrypted.