Author Topic: Noob question.. Map pack doesnt work?  (Read 2349 times)

Offline Toxik

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "Don't gaze into the eyes of the demon...."
    • View Profile
Noob question.. Map pack doesnt work?
« on: June 24, 2011, 04:37:34 am »
I have put the map pack into the folder export, Like i was told. But whenever i go to Distant Worlds, Its just not there.
"Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you."

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Noob question.. Map pack doesnt work?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 06:44:07 am »
The map pack is an .exe file which you run and then it installs the map for you, if you place it inside the exports folder you are doing it wrong.

The download from this site is just a torrent file, you need top open this with a torrent program such as utorrent, it will then download the map pack file which is an exe file.

Once that's done, you run the .exe and it installs it for you putting those inside the game.

What I think you did here was that you saved the "torrent file" onto your computer and then pasted it into the exports folder? When you are meant to open this torrent file with a torrent program in order for your download to start.

Sorry if this is not the case, but I believe it's something like this that happened to you.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Amethystmoon

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:20:35 pm »
We did download the install from Torrent, ran the install and it seems that all the required files are where they are supposed to be.

I now have an \FeralHeart\exports\pathways.fhm

I also have a several files in \FeralHeart\media\terrains\fhmaps dated june 9th (which I suppose are files that were installed using the install).

But still - can't see any portals in cape of distant worlds.

FH.logs has the following entries

Capabilities:: VertexProgram: YES
Capabilities:: FragmentProgram: YES
Sound:: Initialized: YES
LoadFile::Overwriting Particle Template: StarAura
ERROR::LoadFile::cannot find Animals.object
ERROR::WorldObject: failed to load ObjectGroup Animals

could it be related ?

help ?  

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 06:25:32 pm »
It complains about an object group there, and it's the animals one as you can see, I don't know why, but it could be because you have several copies of it, or installed the map pack several times without any luck, maybe even some other mod installed?

To be really honest I don't know, but I know for certain that there's nothing wrong with the map pack installer from here
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=23&Itemid=40

All you really do is download the the torrent file, run it with a torrent program, make sure it's 100% run the .exe that the torrent program downloaded and you're good to go.

I installed the maps just recently to see if anything was gone, but it worked all fine for me and I did nothing different.

If you did this correctly and it's not working, I'm not actually sure what you're supposed to do. From the logs there it says it cannot find the object file animals, and the exe does in fact place them correctly from the star. It's like something or someone moved these files, or they were never written into the FH folder in the first place.

If I were you, I'd just redownload and reinstall the map pack, if not luck, just do the same with the game and then the map pack. But that's only if you really want to go through the hassle to get those maps.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Toxik

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • "Don't gaze into the eyes of the demon...."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 07:55:34 pm »
Well. I got it to work finally. But now i can't even go there because FH will just freeze.. Does that with every new map i get now. =/
"Anatidaephobia is the fear that somewhere in the world, there is a duck watching you."

clarissa

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 09:23:09 pm »
What is a torrent program?

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 09:28:49 pm »
A torrent program is a program for torrent files. It opens them.