Author Topic: Can't log in "Bad Token"!?  (Read 2459 times)

Offline McKenzie

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • THIS IS A CULT!
    • View Profile
Can't log in "Bad Token"!?
« on: June 29, 2011, 05:58:33 am »
So I uploaded the new patch and couldn't get on to my characters. I kept getting bad token which I used to get every once In a while but I was getting it repeatedly. So finally I tried logging on to one of my new characters that was still in bonfire. And it worked I needed help but wanted to rp on my other chars ASAP so I decided to go to flaurite to ask a mod ( I see most mods in flaurite) so I go into ficho tunnel and go to the flaurite plains portal step in and get.... "Bad Token". I then tried logging back on to that char about five times getting bad token each time. I have tried all my characters with and without groups all of them are now in flaurite and all don't work. I have a group that rps regularly and would like to get back to it soon before I miss allot or get kicked, There is obviously something wrong with the flaurite plains map, please help.
"Ever want to be free?
Do you even remember?
Want to be god but devil like me?" -Jared Leto

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: Can't log in "Bad Token"!?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 06:29:35 am »
Just to get things clear, the bad token has 90% to do with the connection between server and the client(you). So the fact that you patched your game shouldn't have any influence at all.

Getting a bad token is usually because of weak connections(on your or others part) or it could be because the server is having a hard time dealing with all the data needed to be transferred to everyone that's playing, sometimes even a lil of both.

Though you shouldn't get bad token repeatedly over and over again, then it's most likely something with your connection towards the server. However, anyone can bump into a bad token from time to time.

I connected and ran to flourite just fine, so my guesses are that it's your connection that isn't strong enough.

The advice I would give you would be.

Turning off all the applications on your computer that noms on internet bandwidth such as downloading programs, streaming applications or maybe even IM programs like aim or msn.

Another thing you can do if you use wireless internet is that you place yourself closer to the source for a stronger connection.

Also if you have other computers or devices connected to the internet, shut them off.

And you should be good to go.

If that doesn't help, I'd just suggest waiting til later since it might be your network that runs slow in general, but that would be dragging things out to the extreme.

But yar.. patch = nothing to do with the bad tokens
Bad token = most likely a weak connection from your part

Hope it works out for you
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline McKenzie

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • THIS IS A CULT!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2011, 03:57:09 am »
Thanks I'll try it.
"Ever want to be free?
Do you even remember?
Want to be god but devil like me?" -Jared Leto

Hetaleve

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 12:59:22 am »
Sorry to add to this, but I have constant bad token. Then of course, my animal looks messed up.