Author Topic: Hills and diff. terrains in MapMaker/ custom objects...How do I make them?  (Read 1704 times)

Offline FableTheWolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Anyone familiar with my posts should know that they get answered within a few minutes of posting and I never reply. Regardless here's my question to you:

In some custom maps I've seen there are hills and some areas of the map have (ex rock terrian in a grass map). I really want to know how to do that for my maps. Another question: how do you make custom objects?

Thank you!

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
You can get hills by making a heightmap, and different ground textures by making a terrain mask. There are some tutorials on the site.

You can make your own objects with 3D modeling programs like Blender and AC3D. Blender is free but difficult to use, while AC3D costs money.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
As mentioned above.

To make a mask for your map, simply just go into the watermill folder located in feralheart\media\terrains. Copy the watermillmask.png and paste it into your map folder. Change the name on the picture to (yourmapname)mask.png. And save it.

Once you have it you edit it around with Gimp or PS. it's RGB so Red is one texture, green is another and blue is one. Inside the map maker under the world tab you set which colour that has which texture.

For making completely "own" made objects you'd need to learn to mesh in a program suggested above. Though you can create own objects using the "Object maker" inside the tools menu from the starting menu. This lets you tilt, change sizes etc on already existing objects inside the game, then save it as a new one. Lets say you'd want to make a pyramid out of rocks for some reason, you can use the object maker, and stack the rocks there, save it as an object to a new object group. The next time you open your map maker, you will have a new group there with the object in it, and already a made pyramid.

Learn by doing really.
Former community manager of FeralHeart