Author Topic: New Map Showing Older Maps and Gate Ways Not Working  (Read 1489 times)

Offline Shaeji

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
New Map Showing Older Maps and Gate Ways Not Working
« on: July 04, 2011, 03:13:45 pm »
Okay, so I have two problems I need help with.

since I downloaded the new patch, all of my maps keep merging together. So instead of a nice clean new map, I have a map with hundreds of items that do not belong there. How do I fix this? I see others are having this problem, but no one seems to be answering this question.

Also, I have looked around this site for help on gate ways to link my maps together. None of them have worked or they are hard to follow.

I am trying to link three of my maps together, I have put down the correct coordinates and put in the correct name, but when I got to test it out in game, it tells me 'Cannnot find Map file.'

Could someone please help me?

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
Re: New Map Showing Older Maps and Gate Ways Not Working
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 05:37:54 pm »
I think this is a bug completely cause by the patch with no real fix for it.

I have no why it happens or how to make it stay away. But for me it seems to happen everytime I edit the scale of the map in the world tab, or some other change there.

If you got a correct heightmap made, and all the values as you want them, you can go into the terrains folder. Find the folder for the map you're making, enter it, and then open the (mapname)Objects file, and remove all of the text in there.

It will delete all the objects inside that map. and you are free to start adding things. Though, as soon as you edit something like the height inside the world tab again in the map maker, all the random items from another map will plop back.

Not sure what happend, but the new patcher messed up the map maker just a tad bit.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 10:58:44 pm »
Thats exactly wats happening to me with the objects and portals keep popping up. I delete the unwanted objects,
then wen i start to add the objects i want the unwanted objects dont pop up, but the portals do unfortunately. Im also having problems with the "Cannot find map" and i have no idea wat to do for that.
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 04:30:26 am »
I worked on some maps after the 1.07 patch that caused these problems, created new portals and such for several maps, but I never bumped into the new portals that couldn't find the maps. Unless it's something that's caused by the new 1.08 patch I'd try again if I were you.
Former community manager of FeralHeart