Author Topic: "Invalid Map Name" Can't Save Maps  (Read 2740 times)

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
"Invalid Map Name" Can't Save Maps
« on: July 08, 2011, 04:09:06 pm »
First - is there any way to make a .fhz map that I had made and saved in my email into the new format? I really don't want to lose it =/

Bigger problem - So I started playing with heightmaps yesterday. In GIMP. I followed the tutorial, saved it as a square, in greyscale, etc. and all the ones I made work in a map. So I went and made a more serious heightmap (as opposed to random blotches :P) and started playing with water and plants and I ended up making a full blown 10,000 width map, temples, trees, rocks, floating platforms, diving boards, etc.

About four hours in I decide it would probably be smart to save it... What do I get? "Invalid Map Name"
I don't know why it's invalid.
I don't know how to make it valid.
Help?

(I have already closed and lost the map data, so its already kind of too late but...)

Some map names I tried were

Map
Sanctuary
Granitfall
The Sanctuary
SAVEDAMNIT
TheSanctuary

I also tried these same names with .fhm and .map at the end of them sooo like

Map.map
Sanctuary.map
Map.fhm
Sanctuary.fhm

as well as with spaces and all that...And I matched the map display name with the map name, and then mismatched it ('Map' name and 'Sanctuary' display name)
I tried almost everything I could think of, and everything google could help me think of.
I tried taking off the heightmap and just saving it without the heightmap and it didn't change.
I tried turning off the ocean and it didn't change.

I have yet to try simply opening a new map and saving it...lol Figured I should at least find out what may have caused this, even if the problem didn't persist with a new map.

Offline Ruby1234

• Mean Tutorial Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 297
  • aka Phloxenfree.
    • View Profile
Re: "Invalid Map Name" Can't Save Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 04:34:13 pm »
Only if saved the files not the .fhz. Is you saved just the .fhz then it won't work.

Map names cannot have spaces. Or any fancy stuff like that.

Offline ringoluver

• Delay's Nop.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 227
    • ringoluver
    • lavenderdaze
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:03:41 pm »
Heh, that's why you should save often while making maps. Anyway...

Yeah, as ruby said, if ya only sent yourself the .fhz file, I'm afraid there is no way to just turn it into a .fhm file :C

And about the map name, thats weird O_o the first ones should have worked. Maybe your map maker is broken? Save all your map information and presets and stuff and reinstall the game. If you did download last time, try the torrent, and vice versa.

Signature Art by Bawfle, Icon Art by Edolicious

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 06:48:47 am »
Soooooo did u make a heightmap and couldnt get it onto the game or u got it on but u cant save it? Im confused  ???
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline Aedre

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 03:31:02 am »
Oh o.o
I feel kind of embarrassed I forgot about this thread.

I got the heightmap onto the game and couldn't save it at the time. The problem thankfully has never reoccurred.

I ended up with a much more interesting (and certainly more shiny) map than the first one. lol

Thanks for the responses, all were helpful. :)