Author Topic: Oh look another rant..  (Read 42538 times)

Offline Kazula

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 18
  • I have a random fascination with pirates.
    • View Profile
Re: Oh look another rant..
« Reply #160 on: August 18, 2011, 09:31:09 pm »
MY THOUGHTS ON THIS

I may not be a mod or a admin but I hate crap where people say they aren't doing a good job... These are nice people who volunteer their playing time to control people who act inappropriately and I thank any MODS who read this post

MODS are people and they have human powers.... Just because people praise them with things such as "Mod = God" "Mod is my hero" etc does NOT mean they are actual gods or hero's

As far as MODS and such are concerned its Kov's game and he chooses what to do therefore I shall not judge him on his decisions as I really can't do anything to change it

And the solution to the report button

The MAGICAL BLOCK BUTTON!!!

The lovely Kasai and Carlitos the spider

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=21419.0 <---- Pets for your character :D

Offline Raz.

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • aka Raz ingame.
    • View Profile
    • My DA page
« Reply #161 on: August 19, 2011, 03:27:17 am »
Blocking is all well and good, and it does offer a temporary solution to when you get fed up with users which is nice. But ultimately all it does is block. It does not actually full on stop the blocked users from bothering other people.
This is why we need the report button to actually work, so the Mods can deal with the problem users for good.

Offline Zarago

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • Officially left.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 19, 2011, 10:01:52 am »
Blocking is all well and good, and it does offer a temporary solution to when you get fed up with users which is nice. But ultimately all it does is block. It does not actually full on stop the blocked users from bothering other people.
This is why we need the report button to actually work, so the Mods can deal with the problem users for good.

You're absoloutly right, not everyone will or knows how to use the block button, and it doesn't teach the people bothering you a lesson.

KovuLKD

« Reply #163 on: August 19, 2011, 05:42:12 pm »
The problem really is, I'm going to point out people yes, is that KovuLKD does not want any more admins or mods.

Not true. As much as i'm never in charge of mods/admins, i NEVER stopped anyone from adding more mods. Razmirz is and has always been in charge of mods, you can PM him regarding anything about mods or becoming a mod, or at [email protected].
i have no direct access to the database, so even i can't add new mods.
People always put words in my mouth and i'm used to it, but i decided this should be made clear.

Offline Jayfeather55

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 165
  • It's been 6 years?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 19, 2011, 06:17:35 pm »

Kov, have you read here

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2011, 06:33:16 pm »
I'm not really sure why people keep bringing up the issue about ingame mods as your issue either kov. So it's all your right to say this.

We need to get some sort of working report function though. And if that isn't possible, the report button should at least be removed so people doesn't expect it to work. No report button is in fact better than a false/non working one.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Toxikk

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • HoNk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2011, 07:58:34 pm »
The problem really is, I'm going to point out people yes, is that KovuLKD does not want any more admins or mods.

Not true. As much as i'm never in charge of mods/admins, i NEVER stopped anyone from adding more mods. Razmirz is and has always been in charge of mods, you can PM him regarding anything about mods or becoming a mod, or at [email protected].
i have no direct access to the database, so even i can't add new mods.
People always put words in my mouth and i'm used to it, but i decided this should be made clear.
Hmm, then Tigg has given me the wrong idea. ;) I apologize.
But anyway, sorry, that's what I've heard. I'm not putting words in your mouth, I was just restating what I'd already heard.
Now if you don't have access to the database being game owner, is it only Razmirz who does?
Because I'm going to be honest here, I don't think he is that active so maybe he or you should hire a new -- well -- hirer.

Offline kiekowolf

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: -7
  • Im That Person you always see in the corner.^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2011, 08:10:51 pm »
One question for you all to ponder on. When you really think about it who started this problem? Just putting that out there

Blaze

« Reply #168 on: August 21, 2011, 06:04:13 am »
Now, MOD75 blahblahblah. You want to know the reason why you guys complain so much about that MOD number? Because that MOD actually does its job, gives warnings, explains before banning or kicking, and when they do, everyone goes RAGERAGERAGE, because MOD75 does their job. Meh! Sad situation, we get mad that the people doing their job, and we get mad at the people that don't do their job. Now, which do you prefer the silent ban, or actually being told before you get banned?

Honestly, I agree with this bit. MOD75 is one of the ONLY mods I have seen lately, actually doing their job. :T But as I've said before, and I will CONTINUE TO SAY THIS:

The issues that are happening on FeralHeart can be blamed, 99%, on THE COMMUNITY ITSELF. NOT THE MODS OR ADMINS.

I understand what you're saying Ritza. FeralHeart does need more mods, in my opinion. Ones that will be active not only on the forum, but in-game as well. I see mods online on the forum all the time. But if the community can't learn how to behave, they need to be taught. In all honesty, sometimes **I** go around, patrolling the main maps and making sure people aren't acting like idiots. If they are, I get screenies and report them.

Basically, all I'm saying is that this is NOT the fault of the admins/mods, entirely. Kov doesn't provide the tools for them to do their job properly. I hardly ever see any mods in-game doing their job, however... I understand not all of them speak in their red text all the time, and they shouldn't HAVE to. But given the circumstances, and how out of control the community is, I believe it's needed at the moment, until the majority of users on FeralHeart can settle down and stop acting like a bunch of immature children.

Actually, people have been getting silent banned. I have been silent banned. Maybe not from MOD75, but from other mods. I once saw a MOD100! :D

Offline Kyugima

• Dovahkiin
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 182
  • Koo Koo Kachoo
    • View Profile
    • DropJaw
« Reply #169 on: August 21, 2011, 06:50:16 am »
Now, MOD75 blahblahblah. You want to know the reason why you guys complain so much about that MOD number? Because that MOD actually does its job, gives warnings, explains before banning or kicking, and when they do, everyone goes RAGERAGERAGE, because MOD75 does their job. Meh! Sad situation, we get mad that the people doing their job, and we get mad at the people that don't do their job. Now, which do you prefer the silent ban, or actually being told before you get banned?

Honestly, I agree with this bit. MOD75 is one of the ONLY mods I have seen lately, actually doing their job. :T But as I've said before, and I will CONTINUE TO SAY THIS:

The issues that are happening on FeralHeart can be blamed, 99%, on THE COMMUNITY ITSELF. NOT THE MODS OR ADMINS.

I understand what you're saying Ritza. FeralHeart does need more mods, in my opinion. Ones that will be active not only on the forum, but in-game as well. I see mods online on the forum all the time. But if the community can't learn how to behave, they need to be taught. In all honesty, sometimes **I** go around, patrolling the main maps and making sure people aren't acting like idiots. If they are, I get screenies and report them.

Basically, all I'm saying is that this is NOT the fault of the admins/mods, entirely. Kov doesn't provide the tools for them to do their job properly. I hardly ever see any mods in-game doing their job, however... I understand not all of them speak in their red text all the time, and they shouldn't HAVE to. But given the circumstances, and how out of control the community is, I believe it's needed at the moment, until the majority of users on FeralHeart can settle down and stop acting like a bunch of immature children.

Actually, people have been getting silent banned. I have been silent banned. Maybe not from MOD75, but from other mods. I once saw a MOD100! :D

Perhaps you should read what was written properly. They are not saying that there are no silent bannings, they are saying that Mod75 doesn't do that, and does their job properly.

please click here! Help me raise my pokemon!
Signature: Kyugima, Rimfrost, Deafosho